PDA

View Full Version : HWBOT on AMD?

randyenergy
07-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I have joined our team but have some doubts.
1. Are here any AMD rigs part of Team Rog?
2. I feel so freaking inferior being part of our team and going for HWBOT. After all this is just an amd rig.
3. What benchmarks do you advise for my amd rig?
4. Should I run my benchmarks when I feel like or is this all controlled by the Team?

EDIT: Someone mentioned 2D Benchmarks for my setup. Which ones are 2D benchmarks?

HiVizMan
07-23-2014, 10:06 AM
It was me that mentioned the 2D and no worries there are heaps of AMD guys. Intel for the globals is true at the minute. But hardware points are longer lasting.

2D is all the CPU benchmarks.

http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/processor

The benchmarks at the top of the list, the ones with the stars in the columns to the left are for points. The others are just optional and do not score points.

randyenergy
07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks, appreciated.

Menthol
07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the team and the fun of benching
on hwbot you are competing with other other people using the same hardware, which as HiVizMan states hardware points last, which is why many people bench every piece of hardware they can get there hands on, intel and amd, new hardware and older hardware

randyenergy
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the team and the fun of benching
on hwbot you are competing with other other people using the same hardware, which as HiVizMan states hardware points last, which is why many people bench every piece of hardware they can get there hands on, intel and amd, new hardware and older hardware
Thanks. I have been reading the rules of every competition and a bit confused...think I'm tired...need to rest and after midnight when all is quiet I will give it a shot.

HiVizMan
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Rules for submissions are the key one. Just look at the example image and try and match that.

The other rules are less key, and simple rule of thumb is when in doubt as one of us.

twisted1
07-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I have joined our team but have some doubts.
1. Are here any AMD rigs part of Team Rog?
2. I feel so freaking inferior being part of our team and going for HWBOT. After all this is just an amd rig.
3. What benchmarks do you advise for my amd rig?
4. Should I run my benchmarks when I feel like or is this all controlled by the Team?

EDIT: Someone mentioned 2D Benchmarks for my setup. Which ones are 2D benchmarks?

You shouldn't feel inferior.

The main thing is that you have fun benching, that's the point. If you like it and have fun the points will come naturally.

And who knows, you might get an intel system to, the pentium AE cpu's are really cheap and fun to OC ;)

I've bought a lot of older used GPU's, like 8800GTX, 9800GTX and so on. You absolutely don't have to have the latest in HW to get points.

randyenergy
07-26-2014, 07:09 AM
You shouldn't feel inferior.

The main thing is that you have fun benching, that's the point. If you like it and have fun the points will come naturally.

And who knows, you might get an intel system to, the pentium AE cpu's are really cheap and fun to OC ;)

I've bought a lot of older used GPU's, like 8800GTX, 9800GTX and so on. You absolutely don't have to have the latest in HW to get points.
At this stage I have no means of buying hardware just for benching.
You mentioned disabling cores to increase cpu frequency scores...easy to say that to a rookie.
I think the team captains should consider creating a tweak and tips subforum (open or closed) for the ROG OC Team...just my opinion.

Myk SilentShadow
07-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Disabling cores is easy, even for us rookies ;) it's in the BIOS and should be reeeeeally easy for you to find

randyenergy
07-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Disabling cores is easy, even for us rookies ;) it's in the BIOS and should be reeeeeally easy for you to find
Yes, but that means nothing. What I need to know is how many cores should one run in order to obtain a higher cpu clock? 1 core? 2 cores? 3 cores? 4 cores? 5 cores? And after you disable the right amount of cores, anything else to do?

twisted1
07-26-2014, 03:05 PM
At this stage I have no means of buying hardware just for benching.
You mentioned disabling cores to increase cpu frequency scores...easy to say that to a rookie.
I think the team captains should consider creating a tweak and tips subforum (open or closed) for the ROG OC Team...just my opinion.

If you read through the competition threads you'll find lot's of tweaks and tricks. If you're wondering about a specific bench, make a post here or PM me anytime :)

If a we get tweak subforum I think it should be open for everyone :)

chrsplmr
07-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Just keep an eye on your temps and have a blast. Best of Luck to you goodSir.
Personally I have had more fun with an 1100T than regular people should be allowed to have.
You will too. .c.

randyenergy
07-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Please let me know now...what is the best way to achieve a higher clock? How many cores running? only 1? PLEASE
I could have scored better in the amd rookie competition I entered...

twisted1
07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Yes, but that means nothing. What I need to know is how many cores should one run in order to obtain a higher cpu clock? 1 core? 2 cores? 3 cores? 4 cores? 5 cores? And after you disable the right amount of cores, anything else to do?

As few cores as possible = 1 core :) With one core you'll OC higher on lower Vcore = less heat. Also disable everything you don't need in bios. And only one stick of memory at lowest speed possible.

For superpi you only need 1 core as well, and a few other benches. 3dm01/03/05 and aquamark i run with 2 cores active.

randyenergy
07-26-2014, 03:21 PM
As few cores as possible = 1 core :) With one core you'll OC higher on lower Vcore = less heat

For superpi you only need 1 core as well, and a few other benches. 3dm01/03/05 and aquamark i run with 2 cores active.
That's what I need to know...that's the kind of sub-forum we need here at team ROG OC.

twisted1
07-26-2014, 03:28 PM
That's what I need to know...that's the kind of sub-forum we need here at team ROG OC.

When going for highest possible OC, using ROG connect is not a bad idea. You can usually squeeze out a few Mhz more in the OS then what will be stable enough to boot win.

randyenergy
07-26-2014, 04:24 PM
When going for highest possible OC, using ROG connect is not a bad idea. You can usually squeeze out a few Mhz more in the OS then what will be stable enough to boot win.
ROG Connect...I scored a laptop from the kids...it is working but need to fix keyboard, get a new battery and power cord. Yeah, the time of ROG connect will come a little later.
Tonight is cold, so gonna benching.