PDA

View Full Version : G750JM - screen goes to "blue-ish" while playing

SEnergy
07-26-2014, 07:48 PM
sometimes when I play the screen goes "blue-ish", like all colors are more to blue, happened right now with bf4 for like 2-3 sec, sometimes happens when I alttab from the game, but it is always "blue-ish" when I have dota2 on fullscreen, the colors are normal when it is on fullscreen windowed (borderless), what is causing that?

xdon82
07-27-2014, 09:45 AM
- problem with drivers - reinstall [but before that uninstall actual, and install new one with clean installation option]
- temperatures are too high - blow [strongly] few times into vent to remove dust. Turn off any tweak
- the worst possible thing this is the beginning of the end of BGA - how long do You have this laptop ?

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 10:57 AM
- problem with drivers - reinstall [but before that uninstall actual, and install new one with clean installation option]
- temperatures are too high - blow [strongly] few times into vent to remove dust. Turn off any tweak
- the worst possible thing this is the beginning of the end of BGA - how long do You have this laptop ?

- with what particular drivers? I just installed 337.88 from asus website, but this was doing on 332 too (or whatever was the original), but not as often
- temperatures are around 55degrees, so not high at all, as I said, I can just start dota2 in fullscreen and it's blueish, turn it do borderless and it's normal, again fullscreen and it's blueish again
- not even a week

xdon82
07-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Strange so uninstall and reinstall 337.88 - but clean installation - there is such option in the nvidia installator [custom installation]
if this wont help, then send the laptop to the service.

55 degrees of GPU during playing a game??? its impossible - too low. Check during gaming the temp of the GPU

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Strange so unsintall and reinstall 337.88 - but clean installation - there is such option in the nvidia installator [custom installation]
if this wont help, then send the laptop to the service.

should I get the driver from nvidia site or the one modified by asus? (afaik the one from nvidia is causing BSOD)

temperature depends on the game, in BF4 it's ~70, in dota2 it's around 60... but as I said it's blueish all the time while dota2 is in fullscreen, even when I just started it

EDIT: here, whenever I go "fullscreen" instead of "borderless window" it will go blueish, however the colors on screenshot are normal, so an issue with display?

xdon82
07-27-2014, 11:13 AM
asus do not modify nvidia drivers. doesnt matter. install the newest one . You can try beta driver.\ - of course beta is available only on Nvidia website
You have 2 GPUs? Optimus ?

Perhaps it is game error. Search the Google about it

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 11:15 AM
asus do not modify nvidia drivers. doesnt matter. install the newest one . You can try beta driver.
You have 2 GPUs? Optimus ?

nope, single gtx860m, ill report after ill reinstall the driver

xdon82
07-27-2014, 11:19 AM
hmm gtx860m nice. by the way I wonder If you have played Watch Dogs. Can this GPU handle ultra details at fullHD? or only high ?
on my GTX760M I can play only on medium [but most games on high]

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 11:22 AM
hmm gtx860m nice. by the way I wonder If you have played Watch Dogs. Can this GPU handle ultra details at fullHD? or only high ?
on my GTX760M I can play only on medium [but most games on high]

nope, I did not, but check out this page, there's a lot of information for all mobile graphic cards http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-860M.107794.0.html (at the bottom there are average FPS)

xdon82
07-27-2014, 11:35 AM
thx

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 12:41 PM
nope, clean installation did not help at all, also the driver from nvidia page is causing BSOD, so asus definitely did modify the one on their website

anyone can help me with this? I don't mind having the colors blueish, Im just affraid that this behavior is not normal and is a sign of broken something

xdon82
07-27-2014, 05:43 PM
which version of nvidia driver you installed?
BSOD only in one game or during typical work ?

SEnergy
07-27-2014, 07:29 PM
which version of nvidia driver you installed?
BSOD only in one game or during typical work ?

337.88 - I got BSOD while uninstalling it (since it didnt fix the blueish problem)

Mcclaud
07-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Mine JZ does the same. When it's borderless colors are fine , when it's fullscreen there is blue tint. I've tested it on games like CS:GO , Diablo 3 , WoW. In CS there is "Color mode" option that fix this , in WoW it's fine until alt+tab the game then it goes blue , changing fullscreen to borderless and then back to full fix it for WoW. On Diablo i manage to make it run on full without the blue tint but no idea how. I think Optimus is the cause of this. You have gtx 860 so you have Optimus. There is no option to change colors , brightness , contrast from nvidia settings. This options comes from Intel card. So when the game starts on fullscreen the gtx runs with default colors which I think are this blueish. When the game runs on window mode it applies your color settings from Intel card. Now i can be wrong with this but i did some testing and for me that's what is going on.

theclaw37
07-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Well, if it's only in fullscreen then maybe the software is at fault. Have you changed anything in color correction in the NVidia control panel or the Intel HD control panel? Or maybe you have the ASUS Splendind utility installed and configured the wrong way?

SEnergy
07-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Mine JZ does the same. When it's borderless colors are fine , when it's fullscreen there is blue tint. I've tested it on games like CS:GO , Diablo 3 , WoW. In CS there is "Color mode" option that fix this , in WoW it's fine until alt+tab the game then it goes blue , changing fullscreen to borderless and then back to full fix it for WoW. On Diablo i manage to make it run on full without the blue tint but no idea how. I think Optimus is the cause of this. You have gtx 860 so you have Optimus. There is no option to change colors , brightness , contrast from nvidia settings. This options comes from Intel card. So when the game starts on fullscreen the gtx runs with default colors which I think are this blueish. When the game runs on window mode it applies your color settings from Intel card. Now i can be wrong with this but i did some testing and for me that's what is going on.

thanks for this, at least I know (or I'm more sure) this is not the cause of damaged hardware or something

Well, if it's only in fullscreen then maybe the software is at fault. Have you changed anything in color correction in the NVidia control panel or the Intel HD control panel? Or maybe you have the ASUS Splendind utility installed and configured the wrong way?

no, it was doing it since I got the laptop even with default settings and default drivers

xdon82
07-28-2014, 01:45 PM
337.88 - I got BSOD while uninstalling it (since it didnt fix the blueish problem)

so You never have uninstalled actual drivers completely - this is wrong.

Try to uninstall through Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager
but be sure you checked the option, which force the system to remove drivers from the harddisk. ALSO REMOVE C:\NVIDIA DIRECTORY
If this wont work, then download Display Driver Uinstaller application and use it to remove everything connected with display driver. Important: Use this application also if You can't uninstall physX software.

Try to install newer Beta Driver, when first step [above] is completed

If all this above also won't help, then repeat removing procedure and install the driver from Asus website.

IF YOU HAVE OPTIMUS, THEN DO THE SAME WITH INTEL DISPLAY DRIVER [or other]. To be sure, check in Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager, that You have not got 2 GPUs

SEnergy
07-28-2014, 02:31 PM
so You never have uninstalled actual drivers completely - this is wrong.

but be sure you checked the option, which force the system to remove drivers from the harddisk. ALSO REMOVE C:\NVIDIA DIRECTORY
If this wont work, then download Display Driver Uinstaller application and use it to remove everything connected with display driver. Important: Use this application also if You can't uninstall physX software.

Try to install newer Beta Driver, when first step [above] is completed

If all this above also won't help, then repeat removing procedure and install the driver from Asus website.

IF YOU HAVE OPTIMUS, THEN DO THE SAME WITH INTEL DISPLAY DRIVER [or other]. To be sure, check in Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager, that You have not got 2 GPUs

I did - I uninstalled it after the BSOD and it uninstalled right, I have now again 337.88 from asus website and didnt encounter a single BSOD

that's how I did uninstall it...

and no, im not going to install any nvidia driver from nvidia website as usually the manufacturer has to optimize the drivers for the laptop

xdon82
07-28-2014, 08:34 PM
and what about green screen? still accours ?

SEnergy
07-28-2014, 09:50 PM
and what about green screen? still accours ?

what green screen?

xdon82
07-29-2014, 08:19 AM
sorry blue-ish . You might have guessed, so ?

SEnergy
07-29-2014, 11:28 AM
sorry blue-ish . You might have guessed, so ?

yes, as mcclaud said, it's probably a optimus doing this

Hucker42
07-29-2014, 12:05 PM
If you have not already fully uninstall Asus Splendid Display.....this is bloatware and causes all sorts of contrast and colour issues....

SEnergy
07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
If you have not already fully uninstall Asus Splendid Display.....this is bloatware and causes all sorts of contrast and colour issues....

so I did uninstall it... and now it's blueish all the time :D