PDA

View Full Version : POPPING AUDIO NOISE ON ASUS G74SX-TZ056V

Symho
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my speakers, that playback a noise sound when they are active.
The italian asistance want take my PC for repair but i have read in this forum there is a solution for this problem. Is thi solution official? I hope that Chastity can answer or other moderator to my question.

Thanks for all!

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Describe the sound. Is is a fuzzy or buzz when the sound is loud? Like a kazoo?

Is it an occasional popping sound?

Do you hear it all the time the speakers are playing? Does bass cause it more that high notes?

Does this only happen when your wifi is active?

Symho
10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Describe the sound. Is is a fuzzy or buzz when the sound is loud? Like a kazoo?

Is it an occasional popping sound?

Do you hear it all the time the speakers are playing? Does bass cause it more that high notes?

Does this only happen when your wifi is active?

I don't know which is the differance between buzz o fuzzy but i'm sure that is a bass sound, so i don't think is a buzz. This problem happen before an audio source is playback, and in the bios too. I believe that is a supply problem. It is not a Wi-fi noise. HELP! :)

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
If this notebook is new, return it for an exchange. Let the retailer and Asus have the problem. If you RMA it you may not have a notebook for weeks and when you get it returned you never know what you'll get ...

Symho
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Yes it is new but i don't want return back my note for the reason that you have post. So if is necessary i'll do! :(

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I didn't know you heard noise in BIOS, too! You may have a bad power brick. Do you hear the noise when on battery only?

Either way, if you hear noises in BIOS there's a 99% chance it's hardware. Bring it back and get a new one!

Symho
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I didn't know you heard noise in BIOS, too! You may have a bad power brick. Do you hear the noise when on battery only?

Either way, if you hear noises in BIOS there's a 99% chance it's hardware. Bring it back and get a new one!

Thank you, I'll do!

Yahooligan
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Thank you, I'll do!

No, wait! Try this first! Chances are if it's this same issue you'll have the same problem with the replacement.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4943-G74SX-sound-problem&p=36096&viewfull=1#post36096

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 05:24 PM
He says he even hears popping when he's in the BIOS...

Yahooligan
10-19-2011, 05:36 PM
He says he even hears popping when he's in the BIOS...

Yes, as did the other poster. The card makes noise when powering on and making sound for the first time after the laptop is powered on, the registry setting I linked to prevents the card from going to sleep and that prevents future "pops" once Windows is booted.

Symho
10-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes, as did the other poster. The card makes noise when powering on and making sound for the first time after the laptop is powered on, the registry setting I linked to prevents the card from going to sleep and that prevents future "pops" once Windows is booted.

Hi,

I confirm that the problem that you have suggest me is the solution. Now what I have do with assistance and my G74? I must send to the laboratory despite everything? Or I call them and refuse their operation?

Thank you for all to all!

P.s. What is the opinion of Chastity?

T_r_Y_s
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Success!! The popping audio noice disappeared on my G74sx when i used the fix "Disable power management when plugged in" http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html#post7617517

Symho
10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Success!! The popping audio noice disappeared on my G74sx when i used the fix "Disable power management when plugged in" http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html#post7617517

Chastity please may you give us a suggestion for our solutions "home-made"?

Thanks!

JRd1st
10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Awesome! I'll have to remember that one.

Symho
10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
To JRd1st:

Sorry! What?

JRd1st
10-22-2011, 04:19 PM
To JRd1st:

Sorry! What?
THIS - http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html#post7617517 It's what we told you to do.

Download this - http://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/share/pRgt6C and double click it to install the registry key that stops popping when the notebook is on the power adapter
Or this to do it all the time even on battery - https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s?u=pRgtlC

Symho
10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Sorry,

I have sent, two days ago, a private message to Chastity, but i haven't an answer for now. I did not have sent it?

Thanks!

JRd1st
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
She never acknowledges any of my PM's either. :shrug:

Did you do what I posted in my previous post?

Symho
10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes I do. Thank you, but the ASUS's assistance want to replace me, however, the note. Let's hope so...

Chastity@ASUS
10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, try the suggestion from notebookreview's thread first, and see if the issue is solved. If not, then we can setup an RMA from there. It sounds like the registry fix should work nicely.

BTW, you don't need to wait for me to approve a fix. :)

Symho
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Sorry. I believe that you are a member staff of ASUS. :)

xeromist
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, everyone with @ASUS in the name is staff. We still don't have to wait for them to approve community driven fixes though. :)

Symho
10-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, everyone with @ASUS in the name is staff. We still don't have to wait for them to approve community driven fixes though. :)

I thought that if the solution is approved by the staff asus is a greater guarantee for us.

Yahooligan
10-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I thought that if the solution is approved by the staff asus is a greater guarantee for us.

Their approval doesn't make the fix any more or less effective. It's good that they know the fixes that the community finds, but their reaction or approval should have no effect on whether or not YOU apply the fix. It doesn't impact your warranty, except for maybe preventing an unnecessary RMA when the hardware isn't really "broken."

Symho
11-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi,

In the end I kept my pc and I solved the problem with the fix posted. Let's hope so...:)

JRd1st
11-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I hope so, too! ;)

I think I heard that sound the other night while my G74 was shutting down for the night. Little pops from the left speaker (external speakers). But I haven't heard it since then.

Symho
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, try the suggestion from notebookreview's thread first, and see if the issue is solved. If not, then we can setup an RMA from there. It sounds like the registry fix should work nicely.

BTW, you don't need to wait for me to approve a fix. :)

Sorry Chastity,

but i have the same problem when i'm in bios. The fix solve the problem only when i operate with windows, but when i operate in bios or when i active the speakers for logo post sound i have the same problem of "popping"! I believe that the problem is in the supply of the speakers, their shielding or other. Help me please, or i must send my G74 to the assistance... :(

Thank you!

P.s. http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html

???

BrodyBoy
11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
@Symbo: It seems unlikely that you have a hardware problem, considering the problem noise only occurs in certain software situations (i.e., outside of Windows). Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults? Or maybe just turn off the post sounds?

Symho
11-06-2011, 08:40 AM
@Symbo: It seems unlikely that you have a hardware problem, considering the problem noise only occurs in certain software situations (i.e., outside of Windows). Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults? Or maybe just turn off the post sounds?

Yes, i reset to defaults, and when the post sound is set to off i didn't ear the noise. But this is a problem anyway. And I believe that is a hardware problem/conflict or other.

JRd1st
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Do you hear this "popping" only when other sounds are playing, or when there are no other sounds playing?

Also, doesthis occur regularly? Because if you send it in for repair, and they don't hear it right away....

Symho
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Do you hear this "popping" only when other sounds are playing, or when there are no other sounds playing?

Also, doesthis occur regularly? Because if you send it in for repair, and they don't hear it right away....

I hear this popping when there are no other sounds from the speakers. Or when there other sounds but is connected other device for playback. (Ex: external speakers)

It is regulary, I hear sound every time before playback a sound's source.

Thanks, JRd1st.

JRd1st
11-06-2011, 01:47 PM
That still sounds like the power management has gone wild, but does power management even do anything before windows starts.

I bet this is something that could be fixed easily in a real BIOS setup.

Symho
11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
That still sounds like the power management has gone wild, but does power management even do anything before windows starts.

I bet this is something that could be fixed easily in a real BIOS setup.

Sorry,

what is real BIOS???

JRd1st
11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
In the past, a BIOS setup had about 299 settings. These new BIOS setups have hardly any.

Yahooligan
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry Chastity,

but i have the same problem when i'm in bios. The fix solve the problem only when i operate with windows, but when i operate in bios or when i active the speakers for logo post sound i have the same problem of "popping"! I believe that the problem is in the supply of the speakers, their shielding or other. Help me please, or i must send my G74 to the assistance... :(

Thank you!

P.s. http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html

???

This is still the power management "problem" and not an actual hardware fault, the reason it doesn't happen in Windows is because the fix is only applied in Windows.

Symho
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi guys!

My Asus G74Sx Tz056V was replaced with a TZ206V with a mouse gaming included. I hope it will work this time!

hanz00
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
okay, i know that this thread are ancient but my Asus G74SX recently had this popping sounds problem..
even after i plug my logitech speaker or my headset. the popping sounds occur whenever the laptop is idle or playing a game..
and i already tried all the advice on this forum and any other website, but i still have no luck
so, someone please help me

hanz00
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
somebody please help..