PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend A Particular Cool Pad.

larry_l
08-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi Again Folks:

This is such a helpful forum.

On my desk, my G750 JZ's GPU tops out in the low 70s C playing World of Tanks, full everything, at about 40 FPS.

I have GPUTweak turned on, GPU Overclock on, but I haven't messed with CPU overclocking.

What is the effect of a cool pad on the G750's internal temperatures?

I've never used a cool pad but I'd like to take my PC to a friend's house for gaming.

I know cooling is critical, and I believe putting this laptop on a lap would cover critical cooling input slots.

But I'm wondering how a cool pad works on a lap.

Does rising the PC by putting in a cool pad make the combination unstable? Cold it flip off of a lap?

What keeps the PC on the cool pad? Can it slip off?

Any particular cool pads that have their fans positioned to complement the G750's input vets?

Thanks
Larry

Maxter
08-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Changes are so minimal... the built architecture is too good. No need. Most people seem to like Zalmann brand (They work ok)

Hucker42
08-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I have a Coolermaster U3+. Used to give some elevation and angle rather than cooling. It has 3 fans that can be moved around to sit on hotspots and are speed adjustable. However I have tested them on full power playing Watchdogs.........

No Fans attached - CPU Max Temp 78 degrees GPU Max Temp 81 degrees

Fans on Full - CPU Max Temp 77 degrees GPU Max Temp 81 degrees

This is on a G750JS with 870m. So fans not doing a great deal.........

hmscott
08-02-2014, 09:35 AM
I have a Coolermaster U3+. Used to give some elevation and angle rather than cooling. It has 3 fans that can be moved around to sit on hotspots and are speed adjustable. However I have tested them on full power playing Watchdogs.........

No Fans attached - CPU Max Temp 78 degrees GPU Max Temp 81 degrees

Fans on Full - CPU Max Temp 77 degrees GPU Max Temp 81 degrees

This is on a G750JS with 870m. So fans not doing a great deal.........

Hucker42, how about off the Coolermaster U3+ pad, on the flat desk/table, what are the temps then?

Hucker42
08-02-2014, 10:53 AM
On desk - CPU Max Temp 79 degrees GPU Max Temp 81 degrees. So again nothing to shout about and as I say I use the stand to get a better keyboard and screen position. Really does show what a great cooling design the 750s have.

KoolASUS
08-02-2014, 01:45 PM
to be honest, a cooling pad won't help much, if the laptop really overheats..... (already tried once... and the lappy died
anyway short after)
and anyway, the G750 gets its "fresh air" from the space between keyb'd & screen.