PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750jz - ROG splashscreen suddenly missing [solved]

Munckabildgaard
08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi

I had a minor problem with my G750jz. The splashscreen/bootscreen with the ROG logo i suddently missing. My computer was repaired by Asus were they changed the display. When I got my computer back, the startup ROG logo is missing. Instead I can se a quick glimse of it and after that the boring blue Windows logo appears.

How can I get the original ROG logo back?

I have searched the web, but I cant find a guide.

Prostar Computer
08-01-2014, 08:54 PM
They may have disabled UEFI in the BIOS. With it enabled, you get the logo with the revolving dots.

Munckabildgaard
08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I cant find the UEFI option in the bios. Can anyone help me?

Munckabildgaard
08-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Is the bios locked so that the function is not awailable? And how can i change this?

cl-Albert
08-02-2014, 12:03 AM
If you can get into the bios (tap 'F2' or the delete key after you power on), check if the 'Launch CSM' setting under the 'Boot' menu is 'Enabled' and disable it, under 'Security' look for the 'Secure Boot menu' setting to enable the 'Secure Boot Control' if disabled, and press 'F10' to save and exit settings to see if this helps.

It will be tougher to get into the bios and boot to external devices with those settings though (let us know if you need some suggestions), but it should show your ROG logo at boot at least.

I was able to test a G750JZ unit with 205 bios to confirm it solves or causes the problem depending on your settings, but have not tried the 207 bios yet which I want to try later.

Hope it helps.

Munckabildgaard
08-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Thanks it worked.

slay7888
09-17-2014, 02:25 PM
i have same problem,,,change the hdd to samsung ssd,,,when i start,logo rog missing,,,it shown windows logo,,,how to fix,,,,sorry for my bad english,,,

slay7888
09-17-2014, 02:31 PM
hello,,my logo rog is missing after i change hdd to samsung ssd,,,when i start windows,,,rog logo is missing,,,it's only appears windows logo,but not the rog logo,,,my laptop is asus g750jz? how to fix and get back the rog logo,,,sorry for bad english,,