PDA

View Full Version : G46vw graphics switching issue

Lostsoulsnfocus
08-04-2014, 03:03 PM
This is a first for me and doesn't happen in any other game but for a while now I was noticing a lot of frame rate and lag issues in my Marvel Heroes game while plugged in on high settings and now i get this screen on log in which suggests my thoughts all along that the graphics processor was not switching over to the nvidia as its suppose to. On log in the screen appears and says the intel graphics drivers are out of date and need to be upgraded and yet its suppose to be running on the nvidia which it clearly is not. I have set it to switch on the shortcut , and the program files, everything i could think of and still its not switching over to the designated card. Please help with this issue.

Fishman922
08-31-2014, 05:02 PM
This is a first for me and doesn't happen in any other game but for a while now I was noticing a lot of frame rate and lag issues in my Marvel Heroes game while plugged in on high settings and now i get this screen on log in which suggests my thoughts all along that the graphics processor was not switching over to the nvidia as its suppose to. On log in the screen appears and says the intel graphics drivers are out of date and need to be upgraded and yet its suppose to be running on the nvidia which it clearly is not. I have set it to switch on the shortcut , and the program files, everything i could think of and still its not switching over to the designated card. Please help with this issue.

Try switching the 3d mode in the nvidia control panel to dedicated graphics only. That should force it to use the nvida card for every application. I usually manually switch between my cards because I have found that the automated switching does not work very well. My program overrides don't work all the time ether, its an nivida driver problem. Its gotten better, but its still not great (I had a lappy with a 525gt with version 1xx drivers, that was terrible...)