PDA

View Full Version : G55V Shuts down without charger

xivoo
08-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello all!
My computer ASUS G55V has shut down several times the last 2 weeks. When the charger is out, the computer runs all fine for about 20 minutes. After that it just shuts down completely. When i do have the charger its running fine and doesn't shut down but. Now i am pretty worried about the computer due to its performance power has dramatically dropped and im sure its because of these random shutdowns. Short said; without the charger its shutting down after a while, with the charger on its all fine.
I've had this computer since February 2013 so it isn't that old from my perspective.
I have no idea why it's like this. I've googled on many sites but found no problemsolving so im asking you people if you can help me out and help solve this please!

Clintlgm
08-05-2014, 02:05 AM
Sounds like you might need a new battery. Asus eStore (http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5307)

xivoo
08-05-2014, 09:25 AM
So ur sure its that? I dont feel like paying 130$ for a battery :(

Clintlgm
08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Well then RMA it or take it too a Asus Repair shop to get checked out. Another option would be to buy a UPS and keep it plugged in to that.

xivoo
08-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Well then RMA it or take it too a Asus Repair shop to get checked out. Another option would be to buy a UPS and keep it plugged in to that.

I'll look into that