PDA

View Full Version : G75 Wifi working ULTRA slow to nothing at all

Yomatsu
08-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I have the G75 laptop with windows 7 installed and have had no problems until recently when the wifi has been going haywire. I first noticed it when I tried to connect to my wireless hotspot I hosted from my phone. It would connect, and allow me to talk to people via Rcon on a game I play, however, I could not browse any sites. Now, when and if I can connect to my modem's wifi, my speedtest is 1/10th as fast as my desktop shows. I'm not far from my modem, so I doubt the connection has much to do with that. Has anyone experienced this sort of problem? I couldn't exactly find any wifi drivers on the site.

Evidently this is what I have for an adapter. ASUS PCE-AC66 802.11ac Network Adapter
This is my LAN driver. Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

It works okay if I am running directly connected to the Modem through a wire.

Clintlgm
08-05-2014, 02:01 AM
I would uninstall the old Wi-Fi driver and install the latest from Asus Support Download (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1)

Yomatsu
08-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Which one would it be though? I see no ASUS PCE Network Adapter driver for Windows 7

Clintlgm
08-05-2014, 03:34 AM
I think that is probably your problem you have the wrong driver installed, From the link I gave you to Asus Support Downloads, fill in your computer spec and OS. and download the correct driver and install if you have a VW you would have Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter.
If you have a VX you'll have to look it up
The Wi-Fi driver in the download section for your Notebook is the correct one.

Yomatsu
08-05-2014, 03:36 AM
So i just used this sketchy driver install program which I had to pay for but it installs all the drivers you're missing, and.... it actually worked! But, interestingly enough, I still cannot connect to my cellphone using PDANET+ Whereas, other people can connect to the internet using my wireless hotspot. Any idea why this might happen? I don't think this is specifically a ROG issue though..

Clintlgm
08-05-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know about any driver programs, I go to the link I gave you Put in my G75VW and Selected Win 8.1 of OS, once I had those drivers I change the OS Win8 and download the latest drivers that are tested and approved for your notebook. For Win 7 select that for your OS.
Since I don't know whether you have a VW or VX, I can show you the VW driver for Win 8.1 Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter, Driver version 10.0.0263 dated 2013-08-15.

Once you have an approved driver installed, if you still have an issue you can know that it is a Network issue rather than not knowing whether its a hardware or Network problem.