PDA

View Full Version : High temperatures

Str4te
08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
i have had a G750 with and 770m card in for half a year now.
to start with heaven bench could never get the gpu past 75 degrees and the fans never really revs up..

looked at hardware monitor while playing CS-GO and i had a whopping 98 degrees Celsius on the CPU and 85 on the GPU.
it also seems to be much louder than when i first got it.

are those temperatures normal?

Darnassus
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Well for half a year your fans are most likely starting to collect a little dust..

85 is okay, though 90+ is a worry. If you're brave, you can take off the plate behind the screen (what the speakers are hooked up to) and blow compressed air into the exhaust, while holding a vacuum above where the fan is. You might be able to free up the exhaust.

My max temperatures ever recorded and this was during a bench press was 82*C. 98*C doesn't look pretty :'c

Maxter
08-05-2014, 07:37 PM
GPU will reach 98C fine (the Tmax is 105C usually). Still, with this laptop architecture you shouldn't be around 90C. Do as Darnassus says... clean it up!

Prostar Computer
08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Like a car, the laptop needs occasional maintenance. Unlike a car, the cost to maintain it is lower and simpler for the consumer. Clean the vents and fans with an air compressor or a can of compressed air. Tip: Don't let the fans spin if you blow out the laptop (allowing them to move freely when blowing the laptop risks damage to the bearings).