PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical clicking sound on G75Js?

braxxx
08-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi guys. i have my g750js for more than a month now. i just had my hhd change to 840 evo 1T, swap the drives and use the old hdd as storage and put in additional ram. i used the migration data software provided by samsung to migrate the os. Now i hear a mechanical clicking sound(not costantly but enough to get noticed) whenever i open multiple browsers or while using the laptop. and its not the optical drive and i also check for disk errors but none can be found. any ideas whats causing the clicking sound?:confused:

hmscott
08-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Hi guys. i have my g750js for more than a month now. i just had my hhd change to 840 evo 1T, swap the drives and use the old hdd as storage and put in additional ram. i used the migration data software provided by samsung to migrate the os. Now i hear a mechanical clicking sound(not costantly but enough to get noticed) whenever i open multiple browsers or while using the laptop. and its not the optical drive and i also check for disk errors but none can be found. any ideas whats causing the clicking sound?:confused:

braxxx, try quiethdd to stop the APM head parking sounds:

https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

Put these config lines in the quiethdd.ini file

FirstRun = 0
AC_APM_Value = 255
DC_APM_Value = 255
AC_AAM_Value = 254
DC_AAM_Value = 254
AAMEnabled = 1
APMEnabled = 1

braxxx
08-09-2014, 02:34 AM