PDA

View Full Version : G750jx SSD Upgrade Question about Reinstalling Windows

Vapochill
08-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

first of all - my English,realy sucks. Sorry 4 that. If someone here to help me in German,pls write me pn.

I have the G750JX with 1TB HDD + Win8 (now 8.1) , But i want to change the HDD with my New Samsung SSD 840 120GB. SO how can i install my OS on the SSD ?

I want to keep the HDD in the second slot 4 free space. Is that possible ?

Please write me a Step by STep Newbie Guide .

Thx 4 your Patience. ANd sorry for my English.

I dont find any other SItes in www to find the answer.

Maxter
08-11-2014, 09:34 PM
0) go get a 16GB or more USB flash drive
1) Download ASUS backtracker from the asus website
2) while downloading, check the forums for this... it's an exhausted topic (lots of info available)
3) use backtracker to make the USB stick a system drive with Win8 install
4) remove HDD and replace with SSD
5) stick the USB drive and start computer
6) Follow the installation procedures
7) update the crap out of Windows
8) put your HDD into the 2nd bay
9) transfer all your documents and important things (save-games) to the SSD - hopefully you have enough space
10) you may now format the HDD (your USB stick is now your Win 8 emergency installation tool - keep it safe from harm). The SSD will have a new 20GB partition with that info as well, in case you need to do the backtracker (if you lose the USB stick)

svansiclen
08-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a base backtrack install they could share? For those of us who did the wrong thing and did a fresh install.

Maxter
08-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a base backtrack install they could share? For those of us who did the wrong thing and did a fresh install.
I read somewhere you have to buy that disc from ASUS... which means we probably can't upload to share it.