PDA

View Full Version : Time for the G750JX to be replaced (suggestions?) I think :(

Pepperami
08-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey guys

Well u might remember a few weeks back I posted of the problems I have been having with the G750JX

Its now, in the last 3 months, had two replacement Motherboards and because of the heat issues, I asked for the thermal paste to be redone as the temps were way to high

It came back about 2 weeks ago now, and I removed windows8 as it kept crashing, and replaced with Win7

The Laptop now randomly shuts down, did not seem to be any given thing that caused it, but because of the temperature concerns, I installed CoreTemp and setup a log file

I have only just installed all the drivers for it, and didnt think it could be that, but on downloading BF3 and BF4 I noticed, even though it was only downloading, the temps were peaking at well over 80c and when I checked the logs, they had gone up as far as 99c so I am *ASSUMING* the Laptop is shutting down because the CPU is reaching its overheat limit???

Spoke to Asus and told them I am far from happy with this and for the cost of the item and it supposedly being a flagship model that I wanted them to sort the problem out it was now unacceptable

The guy I spoke to was really nice, and has referred it higher, saying that he agreed it was not acceptable, and looking at the repair notes, agreed that the company responsible for repairing it were wrong in saying it was more than capable of exceeding 105c when I stated Intel state a maximum of 100c

He said I might be offered a replacement, if my model wasnt available another would be suggested, so do you guys have a suggestion for that model?

This is suppose to be the all singing all dancing one although I know new models have been released, so any suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Chris

Clintlgm
08-15-2014, 09:30 PM
First off, PM cl-albert, he can be very helpful with these kind of issues He works for Asus and is a Customer Loyalty rep for these forums.

Pepperami
08-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Ok mate will do

Thanks for the info :)