PDA

View Full Version : G750JH optical drive driver

xXLeonXx
08-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Hello everyone

i upgraded to 8.1 from windows 8 there was no problem except (refresh/reset) which was okay but now there is another problem which happened when i tried to run a DVD

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

i searched for the driver every where but i couldn't find it ! also i can't run any CD/DVD also i can't Eject it

thank you in advance :D

xXLeonXx
08-17-2014, 01:16 PM
This fix from Microsoft worked for me:
Open the registry editor - press the Win button, type "regedit" and press enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow/Yes.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, locate one or both of the keys UpperFilters and LowerFilters. You can have only one, or you can have both.
Right-click on the key and choose Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
If you found both keys, repeat the previous step.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

The solution is not perfect:
The keys that you remove are apparently used by iTunes - it will ask for a reinstall the next time you run it. I did nothing and iTunes still works...

if you will get an error you go into Add/Remove Programs and choose "FIX" or "Repair" iTunes,and it takes care of it and you won't loose any settings in the program.