PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Needs Windows 8 Help...

SHADO
08-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Just sold my refurbed G75VW on ebay because I lost my job due to health issues, and need money to pay bills. :(

My problem is the fact that I need to install a new copy of Windows 8, but ASUS removes the recovery partition on refurb units.

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step procedure (for idiots) on how I would accomplish this? I already have my oem key, and have downloaded all the needed drivers for use after the windows install.

Thanks for any help. I've really gotten myself in deep. *sigh*

Clintlgm
08-17-2014, 09:34 PM
I think your going to need an 8.1 ISO and do a clean install

SHADO
08-17-2014, 10:37 PM
I think your going to need an 8.1 ISO and do a clean install

Thanks! That's a start. Any idea where I would find such a thing, and how I go about using it (thumbdrive, maybe)?

By the way, I am still on Windows 8, not 8.1. Does it make a difference?

Clintlgm
08-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Thanks! That's a start. Any idea where I would find such a thing, and how I go about using it (thumbdrive, maybe)?

By the way, I am still on Windows 8, not 8.1. Does it make a difference?

Yes very big difference. But since your selling it as having Win 8, just find a Win 8 core DVD or ISO, your Win 8 Key is embedded in your MB so that should be recognized and install with no problems. To bad you didn't make the Asus Backtracker Media or a Image or two along the way!

Go though Rewben thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=)for how to do it. Check with all your friends for a DVD any one will do as long as its Core and not Pro or Single Language. I find using RUFS to created a UEFI booting USB install media the best way to clean install. Did you extract your Key before losing your OS? I think I would just find an 8.1 ISO or DVD it will save you a ton of downloading updates.

SHADO
08-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Thank you for the help! You've steered me in the right direction. :)