PDA

View Full Version : G750JM Plugged in and not charging?

Razor3067
08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Hey everyone I'm new here and in hopes of shedding some light on my current dilemma. Anyways my G750JM is (Plugged in, not charging) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery drivers and removed the battery and held down the power button to reset the power cycle to no avail. After that I became somewhat indolent and called Best buy to see if they could fix it, It was a day before my warranty expired and the geek squad lady there urged me to just exchange it and since I hadn't done much with it due to me being out of town I took the easy way out and exchanged it. Anyways I get home today and it works fine until it hits 100%, then it dips down and I reinsert the charger and I get the same damn notification with the new laptop and it still won't charge. This is the exact same predicament as my previous laptop so it couldn't possibly be the hardware.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Or is anyone currently dealing with the same issue? I feel as if the solution is blatant and I'm overlooking it haha.

Dcite
08-18-2014, 10:58 AM
How low does the battery go under the plugged in not charging message? Well below 80% and still says that?

juggar
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone I'm new here and in hopes of shedding some light on my current dilemma. Anyways my G750JM is (Plugged in, not charging) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery drivers and removed the battery and held down the power button to reset the power cycle to no avail. After that I became somewhat indolent and called Best buy to see if they could fix it, It was a day before my warranty expired and the geek squad lady there urged me to just exchange it and since I hadn't done much with it due to me being out of town I took the easy way out and exchanged it. Anyways I get home today and it works fine until it hits 100%, then it dips down and I reinsert the charger and I get the same damn notification with the new laptop and it still won't charge. This is the exact same predicament as my previous laptop so it couldn't possibly be the hardware.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Or is anyone currently dealing with the same issue? I feel as if the solution is blatant and I'm overlooking it haha.

Dude... this is completely normal behavior. It has something to do with lithium ion batteries. To stay fully charged it has to do it in "cycles". It will charge to 100% but will discharge to 95% and then recharge to 100%. This is done to extend the life of the battery.

I am not 100% sure this is all correct but its what I remember. Either way, it was totally unnecessary to exchange the laptop as long as the battery starts charging at 95 or so percent.

I feel like BestBuy employees should know this but I guess they hire just anyone.