PDA

View Full Version : Headset mic problem on g750jz

Klave
08-18-2014, 03:57 PM
When i plug in my headset the mic in it doesnt work. when i unplugg it it goes back to built in mic.It wont let the headset mic take over. tried installing newer Realtek drivers but that didnt help anyone got a sulotion for this?

hmscott
08-18-2014, 09:10 PM
When i plug in my headset the mic in it doesnt work. when i unplugg it it goes back to built in mic.It wont let the headset mic take over. tried installing newer Realtek drivers but that didnt help anyone got a sulotion for this?

Klave, there are 2 ports, one for audio out, the other for Mic in - usually you plug the green plug into the audio out port (headphone jack), and the red/pink plug into the Mic jack. There should be a splitter cable in your headset kit to split the combo plug into 2 plugs to use in Headphone/Mic jacks.

It is possible if there is a combination jack with both it might work, but I haven't tried it. If plugging in the combo plug into the headphone jack cuts out the built-in Mic that is promising - you might just need to check the Recording Devices tab in the Sound control panel to switch to the new Mic manually - it might not be automatic. Then again maybe plugging in a headphone into the headphone jack cuts out both the built-in speakers and microphone normally...

Let us know if what ends up working :)

Klave
08-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Well when i plug in the headset mic it replaces the built in one in sound control panel but it doesnt record sound =S Its the same driver for both built in mic and headset one but it wont work with the headset mic can only get some crakling from the headset mic if i blow into it
Probably win 8.1 thats doing it headset works fine at home on my win 7 stationary

hmscott
08-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Well when i plug in the headset mic it replaces the built in one in sound control panel but it doesnt record sound =S Its the same driver for both built in mic and headset one but it wont work with the headset mic can only get some crakling from the headset mic if i blow into it
Probably win 8.1 thats doing it headset works fine at home on my win 7 stationary

Klave, did you go into the Sound Recording devices control panel, select the new headset, and try adjusting the configure/properties and then Set Defalt?

Look into each of the tabs... and adjust settings as needed.

Klave
08-20-2014, 03:53 PM
All i have is this that one mic is for both the built in and the headset one

If i just had 2 different options we wouldnt have a problem =S its like it use the same driver for both

hmscott
08-20-2014, 11:48 PM
All i have is this that one mic is for both the built in and the headset one

If i just had 2 different options we wouldnt have a problem =S its like it use the same driver for both

Klave, I am still thinking you need to get a splitter cable to allow you to plug in to both the headphone jack and microphone jack. :)

Sound Blaster Audio Mic Splitter Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Audio-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00GNHSL8C/

" worked great, very high quality cable for my Razer Krakens"

"Works like a charm. Just plug in and connect your headset and you're good to go. I have the Razer Electra and didn't know I needed this wire for the mic to work, but everything is fine and working. "

There are lots more available....

CablesOnline 13" Headphone 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 Male Flat Red Splitter iPhone to Mic/Headphone adapter
http://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Headphone-Stereo-Splitter-adapter/dp/B00CWLWNWS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408578484&sr=1-4&keywords=Audio+Mic+Splitter+Adapter

"Works as described and seems to be durable. Using it for connecting a headset to the lap top for Skype. "

EZOPower Headset Adapter: Smartphone Headset to PC Adapter - Use a 3.5mm smartphone Headset with Your PC, Converts 3.5mm Plug to Dual Mic/audio 3.5mm for Skype/voip
http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Headset-Adapter-Smartphone-smartphone/dp/B0046FMRGA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408578648&sr=1-2&keywords=Audio+Mic+Splitter+Adapter

"On my computer, and most computers, especially desktops, you have a green headphone jack and a red microphone jack. If you have a pair of headphones with an inline microphone built in you cannot use both capabilities without this adapter. Since the plug on the headphones/mic can only plug into one jack, this adapter splits the audio and recording capabilities of said headphones for use on computers with these separate audio and mic jacks.

It works great, it's simple, very plug and play. Additionally, you can connect regular 3.5 mm audio line extenders into each the green and red male plugs of the adapter to extend the length of the adapter to your computer."

dne0gen
08-21-2014, 01:02 AM
I own the JZ and I know the struggle... The only way I could use my headset mic was to uninstall all the realtek drivers, which leaves me with 2 mic options: one for the built in and one for the headset, so I had to disable the built in one and the mic works fine... go figure

hmscott
08-21-2014, 01:15 AM
I own the JZ and I know the struggle... The only way I could use my headset mic was to uninstall all the realtek drivers, which leaves me with 2 mic options: one for the built in and one for the headset, so I had to disable the built in one and the mic works fine... go figure

dne0gen, did you plug into the headphone jack only, or did you use a Headset => Audio/Mic cable splitter?

All of the G750's have the same headphone/mic jack configuration, this issue isn't specific to the JZ.

DoomGart
08-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Hello all!
I have similar proublem with external mic. I connected my headset.
Then i "turn on" all mic setting and it doesn't help. I had problem with Razer Craken Pro. Maby it problem caused by audio splitter in Kraken, i don't know. But my Kraken works properly in other notebooks and desctops PC, i tested it at home and at my office. But another mic from low cost headset work normal with my book. What is wrong, does somebody know?

Klave
08-21-2014, 02:02 PM
changed headset to steelseries v2 and doesnt have this problem any more guess its something with the Razer kraken pro then as that is what i had before

dne0gen
09-29-2014, 10:24 PM
The razer kraken pro jack has 2 rings on it while others have 1 or 3 can't remember, that is the only thing that comes to my mind... still can't fix it though