PDA

View Full Version : how fast is the turn around when you send in a g750js

Reens15
08-19-2014, 04:48 PM
so i love this laptop. i have a g750js but yesterday i was playing and i started to smell burning plastic and saw like sparks coming from where the lid connects to the base. next thing i know my screen goes black and when it came back it was all distorted and everything on the screen has a red color to it. so i immediately called asus support. after a long talk they said to send it in and the instructions will be emailed to me. so ok yea i thought ill just read the email and go from there. i wish i realized that i have to pay the shipping to send a computer that is roughly 60 days old.

long story short is who has had to send in anything and how fast was the turn around?

cl-Albert
08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi, if possible, please tell us where are you located and who you purchased the notebook from.

If you are in the U.S. at least, warranty can be a little more complicated, so wanted to get more details about your situation.
If ASUS support had all the details when you talked to them, expect they provided the correct information (including the 'normal' turnaround time?), but we can help check if you're interested.

Thanks.

pokerface
08-20-2014, 07:54 AM
In Dubai, the turnaround time is 1 week, it duffers from country to country

Reens15
08-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi, if possible, please tell us where are you located and who you purchased the notebook from.

If you are in the U.S. at least, warranty can be a little more complicated, so wanted to get more details about your situation.
If ASUS support had all the details when you talked to them, expect they provided the correct information (including the 'normal' turnaround time?), but we can help check if you're interested.

Thanks.

i am located in Rochester NY. i bought it at best buy.

i talked to the lady and she just said send it in and said a tech would look into it. i just finished backing it up and about t send it in by weeks end. she didn't give me a time frame of how soon i would receive it back.

how can the warranty be complicated?

cl-Albert
08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
i am located in Rochester NY. i bought it at best buy.

i talked to the lady and she just said send it in and said a tech would look into it. i just finished backing it up and about t send it in by weeks end. she didn't give me a time frame of how soon i would receive it back.

how can the warranty be complicated?

Last I heard ASUS Notebooks purchased from Best Buy can have different warranty terms (including shipping terms for warranty service) than ASUS Notebooks purchased from other places and the warranty service is also arranged differently too, so we probably want to check with other U.S. customers who have purchased ASUS Notebooks from Best Buy to find out what their warranty experiences were like.

Anyway, hope you will be able to get your notebook back in working condition soon!

owvp702
08-20-2014, 07:33 PM
I sent my JZ in on a Tuesday, they got it on Thursday and had it repaired and shipped back to me on Friday. I ended up getting it back that next Tuesday. If not for the weekend i would've gotten it back sooner. I'm in Nevada though and i think the repair center was in CA.

cl-Albert
08-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I sent my JZ in on a Tuesday, they got it on Thursday and had it repaired and shipped back to me on Friday. I ended up getting it back that next Tuesday. If not for the weekend i would've gotten it back sooner. I'm in Nevada though and i think the repair center was in CA.

Thanks for the feedback owvp702, but can you also please confirm if you purchased your JZ from a Best Buy store or somewhere else?
I know for the non-Best Buy customers, notebook RMAs normally go to California, but not sure if this is also true for the ASUS notebooks purchased from Best Buy.

owvp702
08-21-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm purchased my laptop from newegg not best buy

Reens15
08-23-2014, 10:05 AM
So I sent it in last night. Hopefully I get it back fast.

Reens15
09-03-2014, 03:39 PM
just thought i would update and say it took two weeks. came back looking better than before. the screen is working much better now.

hmscott
09-03-2014, 03:58 PM
just thought i would update and say it took two weeks. came back looking better than before. the screen is working much better now.

Reens15, that's great news!

Counting the days from your post on the 23rd, it is actually only 11 or 12 days; not quite 2 weeks.

Darnassus
09-05-2014, 02:37 AM
I had a look into my screen one day and I smelled burning plastic too, or it was just the 'new smell' inside, I couldn't tell.. there was no smoke though, I'm worried if it's a common manufacturing defect, however in your case was much more severe to the point of malfunction and mechanical failure.

PapiChuloNica
09-05-2014, 11:10 AM
glad to hear it... do you know why it took so long?