PDA

View Full Version : GS750jm loosing frame rate when on battery and other issues

Physalist
08-25-2014, 09:15 PM
So I just bought this computer about a month ago and its now having frame rate issues when on the battery. It used to stay at 60 frames when playing League of Legends and now its caped at 30. Also the sub-woofer goes in and out. Not sure why but its been that way since i bough it.

Maxter
08-25-2014, 11:34 PM
This is occurring because the battery is not powerful enough to provide power to fully operate CPU and GPU at the same time. This is impossible on all laptops at the time. This is a technology issue. Remember the battery technology is 150+ years old. Even though chips have become smaller using less energy with each iteration, graphics still consume a fair amount of power. If you want to play LoL on battery, you must decrease the graphics on the game as to allow more power to go to the CPU. I actually checked this while gaming on LoL several months ago and the CPU will overclock while the GPU underclocks, then the CPU will underclock to allow for GPU overclocking. This is why you get 60 FPS, then it drops and so on...

Jaitsu
08-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Open up GeForce Experience, and go to the Preferences tab up top, then Battery on the left. There's a slider here that lets you choose what to lock your framerate to while on battery, or you can uncheck it to unlock the framerate completely. But as Maxter said, I'm not sure that the notebook will have enough power on battery to provide a full 60 FPS, even with the limit removed.