PDA

View Full Version : Purchase the G750 or Wait for the G751?

Beachy
08-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and have been searching for a laptop for a few weeks now, I've seen some really good deals on the G750JX, I'm wondering if I should purchase one now or wait for the newer G751 to be released? (If the G751 is going to be around the same price range)

I have looked at a few alternatives but the Asus ROG seems to be good value for money.

Maxter
08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Prices should hover around the same. It all depends how much patience you got... Find what the differences are and make your decision with that. Things haven't changed radically with each iteration of the 750.

us18x
08-28-2014, 01:11 AM
Get the JX if you are impatient, it's the most convenient out of the 6 models at the moment plus it doesn't support Optimus technology which is great news, I just dissed the JS and returned it as it was a crazy good deal but the Optimus made it hell on me so I gave up on it.

hmscott
08-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and have been searching for a laptop for a few weeks now, I've seen some really good deals on the G750JX, I'm wondering if I should purchase one now or wait for the newer G751 to be released? (If the G751 is going to be around the same price range)
I have looked at a few alternatives but the Asus ROG seems to be good value for money.

Beachy, there is a forum group for the new series.

G771, G751, G551 and GX550 Gaming Notebooks
http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?198-G771-G751-G551-and-GX550-Gaming-Notebooks

The G751 isn't announced, there are only these diagrams leaked on another board... this link may disappear if Asus doesn't like it :)

Asus G751 (successor of G750) design sketches from manual
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/758867-asus-g751-successor-g750-design-sketch-manual.html

Given the laws of physics / thermodynamics, thinner and smaller means less performance can be packed it, or it's gonna run really hot when you do real work or gaming on them for long periods of time, or even short periods of time :)

All of those people with hot running JM/JS's, and me, would all like better cooling to go with better performance, so Asus - Make'em Bigger, Faster, and Cooler!! :)

Beachy
08-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the reply's. It look's like it could be the JX I go for, I'll keep you all updated!

Beachy
09-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

Just thought i'd update you all, as you took the time to respond to my thread. I have just purchased a G750JX so it should be here soon!

Does anyone have anyone have any recommendations on any good add-ons that are worth purchasing? Could probably do with a gaming mouse (preferably wireless)

I have also been on the lookout for a decal/skin to go over it to protect it, however, haven't had any luck.

Lightjammer
01-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone, I don't know if I should be posting this question here but it seems connected.

Is there anyway/process to upgrade my G750js to a G751 with ASUS? Or is selling this and buying that my only option?
I am wanting that 980m and IPS screen so badly T_T

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Darnassus
01-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone, I don't know if I should be posting this question here but it seems connected.

Is there anyway/process to upgrade my G750js to a G751 with ASUS? Or is selling this and buying that my only option?
I am wanting that 980m and IPS screen so badly T_T

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

I don't believe they offer any sort of upgrade deals of the such. You'll have to buy a new laptop.

Keep researching however in case someone does, but I don't think so.