PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ right fan issue?

Iazel90
08-28-2014, 12:59 PM
I've just received my brand new gt750jz but the right part of the laptop seems at an higher temperature than the left. I presume in the right sit the GPU. Controlling the fan output, the left it's ok and I can also feel a nice refreshing air come from the keybord, but the right one seems off.
Technically the nvidia GPU should not be active (balanced performance), so why it's hotter? Someone can advice me a program to stress out this machine and find out if there's or not a problem?

Thank you :)

Iazel90
08-28-2014, 09:22 PM
UPDATE: I just do some test to stress the PC. The CPU is ok, never go over 75 C, but the GPU go over 82 C in a few minutes of stressing and want to go higher, so I've stopped the test. I think the problem is the fan doesn't go at the right speed, it runs, but not at the same speed as the CPU's fan.
However, it can go at higher speed, because when I set the overclocking from the asus GPU Tweak and set the fan at full speed, it just kick in (quite loudly). Hence the problem should be some configuration options... OR the fan sensor.

hmscott
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
UPDATE: I just do some test to stress the PC. The CPU is ok, never go over 75 C, but the GPU go over 82 C in a few minutes of stressing and want to go higher, so I've stopped the test. I think the problem is the fan doesn't go at the right speed, it runs, but not at the same speed as the CPU's fan.
However, it can go at higher speed, because when I set the overclocking from the asus GPU Tweak and set the fan at full speed, it just kick in (quite loudly). Hence the problem should be some configuration options... OR the fan sensor.

Iazel90, that's the way the GPU fan works on the JM/JS/JZ - you must manually enable the Full Fan mode to get full cooling. On the JW/JX/JH it is all automatic.

Complain to Asus, more people should :)

https://vip.asus.com

Iazel90
08-28-2014, 09:50 PM
There's no way to tweak the threshold? D: I've run again the stress test and let it run to see if temperature will never stop, and it does: never got over 85 C and this is quite reassuring. However the double thermal region of the notebook can be a little fastidious, the left is beautifully cool, while the right is a little hot. I really doesn't get why the CPU stop at 75 while the GPU at 85...

However, thank you scott for let me known this :)

hmscott
08-28-2014, 10:40 PM
There's no way to tweak the threshold? D: I've run again the stress test and let it run to see if temperature will never stop, and it does: never got over 85 C and this is quite reassuring. However the double thermal region of the notebook can be a little fastidious, the left is beautifully cool, while the right is a little hot. I really doesn't get why the CPU stop at 75 while the GPU at 85...
However, thank you scott for let me known this :)

Iazel90, there is nothing found so far to tweak the GPU fan settings, and the only thing for the CPU isn't really useful. Those temps are great for a JS, nothing to worry about :)

Have fun!. Scott

FalconFX
08-30-2014, 02:57 PM
lazel90, I have a JH and i can also say that the air exhausted out of the right side where the gpu is, is warmer than the air exhausted of th left side, and for me its no problems, seems normal :)