PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G53JW-A1 running hot in metro 2033 redux

andy6j6
08-30-2014, 08:21 AM
I love this laptop, have been using it for years. only have had to reinstall windows once, i keep it really clean physically and software wise. however I have just recently started playing Metro 2033 Redux and notice that my GPU temps are at about 91c which is way too high for comfort for me. usually with most of my games the highest it goes is about 83c.. anybody else having these temps with this game on this laptop? im using Nvidias 337.88 driver, which is a really great driver IMO. im not getting any FPS drops, the game runs great at 1080 on high, in between 30-60 fps depending on whats going on. Its been over a year since i got it cleaned, meaning opened up and completely dusted out and new thermal paste put on my gpu and cpu, i just thought it strange that this is the only game i own that gets the temps this high. i understand that the g53 runs hotter than the 73 due to not as much space but any time i get above 85c i dont like it, let alone 91c. as soon as i turn off the game the temps will go down to 52c in a matter of a minute or two, but i never hear the fans, during the game or after. any input would be appreciated!