PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ External Monitor Support - 120/144hz

ind3r
08-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Hello Guys,

Recently picked up a G750jz and I wanted to ask he question around connectivity with an external monitor. I currently have the ASUS VG248QE which worked perfectly fine with my desktop machine. When connecting this with a mini displayport to dvi adapter and then dvi cable, I cannot get anything above 60hz. I think this is due to the fact that the laptop uses the Nvidia Optimus to display the image out. If this is correct, is there a workaround or any possbility of enabling a higher refresh rate?

Thanks,

Inder

ldelczeg
12-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Dear sir, it is said no one answers to you.
Too many adapters could cause some problems I think. I am not an expert just noticing. I think if you stay in full digital signal processing all those things should work. For any other things i would recommend to turn off the laptop screen. Using 2 screens could cause a problem. Also check nvidia control panel that using only external screen can you control the refresh rates or not. Should be there and should work. If things go in this way one complete and clean re-installation of the nvidia/asus display driver with external monitor could help.

I don`t have more ideas now. Please write back if you think it wort it. Sorry for bad English.