PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-A1 no mouse?

metalfred
10-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Hello, I have just received the G74SX-A1, fantastic laptop.

Just wondering if I am the only one on earth that didn't get a mouse with the laptop / backpack combo?

FailNinja
10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
when you received the box did it seem to be tampered? maybe someone took it out :confused:

you should have had a mouse included with the model. imo you'll want to buy a different gaming mouse anyway :cool:

Razer DeathAdder is a pretty good mouse for the price

JRd1st
10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Did the ad where you ordered say you should get one? I'm sure you checked the packing material really well, right? :-)

Btw, that's not a bad mouse. Its wired but it has a dpi button... very useful for Photoshop work ;)

metalfred
10-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Well the box was opened but everything inside looked new. I bought it from a trusted reseller. Got it for 1288$ which is quite a good price, he told me he only had 2 at that price and that it was a special deal.

JRd1st
10-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, there you go. I guess he's now a less trusted reseller.

EDIT: I just hope that wasn't a returned unit that had problems. When you first turned it on did Windows ask you to create an account?

Chastity@ASUS
10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Yep, probably an "Open Box Special" Check with the retailer.

BrodyBoy
10-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Well the box was opened but everything inside looked new. I bought it from a trusted reseller. Got it for 1288$ which is quite a good price, he told me he only had 2 at that price and that it was a special deal.
When a price seems to good to be true, there's usually a catch. In this case, as Chastity suggested, you probably got some sort of "Open Box" special. Which could mean "returned item." Which would make me extremely wary.....why would someone return such a new model? You can't know for sure, of course, but it seems more than likely it was because they had some problem with it. Did you get the full Asus warranty coverage with this special deal? Particularly if you don't know the history of this unit and why it's so much cheaper than others, it seems like you'd want to be fully covered.