PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire and Realbench

Dr. Zchivago
09-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Hey all,

I have two questions; and, in the interest of thread-space conservation (one belongs elsewhere), I'm posting both in this thread. I'm not sure if these have been answered before, and I can find no record of either.

1. Is there a way to enable AMD Crossfire when benching with Realbench? I have run the tests with only one GPU connected, with both connected and X-Fire disabled, and with both connected and X-Fire enabled. My scores are unchanged, no matter what setup I use. I have the most up-to-date driver package, and I have rolled back as far 13.12; but, from the scores, I'm forced to conclude that X-Fire has never been utilized.

2. How can I get RoG RAMDisk? I have a Crosshair V Formula-Z, which I understand supports it, but I have been wholly unsuccessful locating a source for download.

Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Z

Edit: I have seen pictures of folks running RealBench with as many as four graphics cards connected, and that strikes me as a terrible waste if the GPUs after the first aren't being used.

Chino
09-06-2014, 02:01 AM
1. The Graphics score doesn't contribute much to your overall score. The gains are with CPU and memory.

2. If it's supported, it should be under Utilities. If not, download it from one of the Intel motherboards page. Just so you know, RAMDisk also makes little difference if you have a SSD. But if you have a HDD, then you'd see gains.

Dr. Zchivago
09-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Chino. All of the time I spent digging for the software and it was right under my nose. I downloaded from one of the Maximus' boards utilities links and it works fine.

Z

Dr. Zchivago
09-07-2014, 08:05 PM
1. The Graphics score doesn't contribute much to your overall score. The gains are with CPU and memory.

Also, be that as it may, I'm still interested to know if there is a Crossfire profile for RealBench. Small improvement is improvement nonetheless.

Z

Menthol
09-07-2014, 09:28 PM
There is no profile I know of but all graphics cards are recognized and used in the opengl test they don't have to be configured in crossfire or sli, you can use mixed AMD and Nvidia cards, this I have tried myself, every card added should see an improvement in the opengl score which as Chino says is calculated as a very small percentage of the overall score.

_
09-10-2014, 03:33 AM
No 3D graphics are tested during Realbench so no need for a CrossFire profile.
If OpenCL is installed correct you should see a boost in Luxmark testing from the second card though.