PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Adjust Brightness At All (either Keyboard or Windows Settings)

Morava
09-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hello and Greetings,

I am facing a difficult situation. Since last night I was unable to adjust my brightness via the keyboard (fn + f5 or f6) and also via the windows 8.1 settings. Other key artifacts work, such as disabling mouse, changing backlight intensity, turning off the screen, muting the laptop and increasing or decreasing volume. All that works except brightness, when I use teh fn + f5 key simply nothing happen. and even changing the slider bar for brightness results in no change at all. My laptop is curretnly fixed at full brightness making it unusable during late night.

There was an Nvidea update 3-4 days ago that I performed, I restarted and it all worked all up until last night. So its weird and I find it unlikely for it to be nvidea's fault.

I also reinstalled the ATK Package, still with no success. What other solutions you suggest I do?

redduc900
09-06-2014, 04:22 PM
I see you reinstalled the ATK package, but make sure the package is the most current 1.0.0036

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ATK+Package&p=3&s=588