PDA

View Full Version : Asus Gaming Laptop G75V Boot Error - Check Cable Connections!

Abiud
09-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Good Day Friends,

I have a Asus Gamers Laptop G75V which I purchased around 2012. The laptop has been incredibly reliable and has lived up to its name in quality and performance. This evening I proceeded to boot up to play Diablo and I got this funky error which read as follows:

INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.0 (BUILD 083)
COPYRIGHT (c) 1997-2000 INTEL CORPORATION

FOR ATHEROS PCIE ETHERNET CONTROLLER v2.0.2.6(09/28/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Reboot and select proper Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and Press a key_

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Has anyone seen this error and how did you fix it?

What I did so far and none worked:
#1- Removed Battery, unplugged power. waited a few minutes, powered up using power supply (No Battery).
#2- Checked booting sequence in BIOS. It is set to HD.
#3- Used recovery disk. Win 7 Home reinstalled, laptop was reset to factory settings, setup accounts, installed some software and games. Everything worked as new for 24 hours. BAM - Got the same error again a few minutes ago.

I am stuck, I can not find anything on the web but suggested quick fixes. Some people are stating that the Motherboard may have to be replaced.

Can someone please tell me that they had this error and repaired it on their own?

Thank you in advance.

Clintlgm
09-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Try hitting the esc key on start up. this will bring up a Boot menu select your booting hard drive.

Abiud
09-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Try hitting the esc key on start up. this will bring up a Boot menu select your booting hard drive.

Thank you, I did do that but it did not work.

:(

cl-Albert
09-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Good Day Friends,

I have a Asus Gamers Laptop G75V which I purchased around 2012. The laptop has been incredibly reliable and has lived up to its name in quality and performance. This evening I proceeded to boot up to play Diablo and I got this funky error which read as follows:

INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.0 (BUILD 083)
COPYRIGHT (c) 1997-2000 INTEL CORPORATION

FOR ATHEROS PCIE ETHERNET CONTROLLER v2.0.2.6(09/28/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Reboot and select proper Boot Device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and Press a key_

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Has anyone seen this error and how did you fix it?

Welcome to the forums!
Sounds like the 'Launch PXE OpROM' setting is enabled under the bios 'boot' menu, so disable it if you don't want to boot to a network.
Hopefully, I'm wrong, but don't expect it will solve the bigger problem of not being able to boot to Windows and provided more suggestions further below.

What I did so far and none worked:
#1- Removed Battery, unplugged power. waited a few minutes, powered up using power supply (No Battery).
#2- Checked booting sequence in BIOS. It is set to HD.
#3- Used recovery disk. Win 7 Home reinstalled, laptop was reset to factory settings, setup accounts, installed some software and games. Everything worked as new for 24 hours. BAM - Got the same error again a few minutes ago.

I am stuck, I can not find anything on the web but suggested quick fixes. Some people are stating that the Motherboard may have to be replaced.

Can someone please tell me that they had this error and repaired it on their own?

Thank you in advance.

If disabling the network boot does not help, suggest checking the things below to get a better idea of the problem.

1. Check under the bios settings 'advanced' menu 'SATA Configuration' to see if your boot hard drive is still detected when your notebook is not booting to Windows (you should also see your DVD drive at least).
One possibility is that your boot hard drive is not being detected intermittently which could indicate a hard drive or motherboard issue.

a. If you aren't sure if you have 1 or 2 hard drives in your unit, you may want to check the bios again when and if you are able to boot to Windows to find out how many hard drives are listed.
If you aren't worried about warranty and able to check safely, you may want to remove the bottom cover to physically check the number of hard drives installed.

2. If you still see your boot hard drive detected under the 'SATA Configuration', make sure you see it listed in the 'Boot' menu of the bios under the boot option priorities (if necessary, set it as the first boot option).

Hope this helps and feel free to discuss more.

Abiud
09-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Good Evening Mr. cl-Albert -

Thank you so much for your response. I will be looking into these suggestions you have made. It is intermittent and I am not sure at this point what is causing it. I re-installed the OS using my back up DVD's. I did that this past Saturday night and to date it has been working fine. I will check for these things, I do know for sure I have one hard drive, I will print out a speccy report and review it. :)

Thank you for your help and I will post what I find this weekend.

Thanks again!!!

Abiud