PDA

View Full Version : G75V AHCI and RAID boot issue, only IDE works?

rawfa@hotmail.com
09-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Hi guys,

I have the G75V and whenever I select either AHCI or RAID on the bios boot options I get a blue error screen while trying to boot. Right now I'm forced to use IDE.

Any thoughts?

rewben
09-08-2014, 10:32 AM
you cannot simply switch to different sata operations after OS install. if i remembered correctly there is a trick that involve registry modifications that allow you to do the switch.

usually the switch of sata modes is done before OS install.

how come your sata mode is set to ide? by default these machines should be either ahci or raid.

rawfa@hotmail.com
09-08-2014, 09:13 PM
The answer is as simple as to change 2 registry entries (check it out here
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-disk-mode-from-ide-to-ahci-raid-in-bios-after-installing-windows/)

My problem now is that if I leave my external hard drive plugged in the USB port it gives me the error msg bellow. When I click enter it takes me to another screen asking me is I want to perform a repair or if I want to continue. If I click on continue then Windows starts with no problems, but I would like to avoid going over all of these options every time I boot. I didn't click on "repair" because I was afraid it would undo the changed I did on the registries for AHCI to work.

rewben
09-10-2014, 03:51 AM
thanks for the link :)

for your issue that happened when usb hdd is plugged in, a simple step is just unplug it from laptop before boot (apparently you knew it already).

maybe a lookup at google about bootrec rebuild/repair options might help.

rawfa@hotmail.com
09-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Yes, that is what I've been doing...but I'd like to be able to boot with the hard drive plugged in.