PDA

View Full Version : Asus Warranty for G750 Dead Pixels?

Jlieu
09-09-2014, 02:08 AM
Did Asus provide warranty for Screen which have dead pixels? my G750 have 3 Dead pixels, or more.

hmscott
09-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Did Asus provide warranty for Screen which have dead pixels? my G750 have 3 Dead pixels, or more.

Jlieu,you would do best to check with the seller for a return if you still are within the return period, RMA takes much more time.

Every country has a different variation of policy, so it is best to call the Asus support for you and ask them directly.

Here is the link to the Notebook Warranty for USA:

Notebook Limited Hardware​ Warranty Terms
http://www.service.asus.com/#!notebook-warranty/c23xh

This is the only mention of pixels in that warranty page:

"Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) Guarantee

A bright dot refers to a pixel with a defect in its ability to display the correct color output. Notebooks with one or more bright dot within 30 days of original purchase date will qualify for a free panel exchange. The ZBD policy does not cover LCD panels with dead pixels e.g. dark/black dot type. Only the LCD panel will be replaced, not the entire notebook. Please refer to your authorized ASUS Service Center or Reseller for your product specific terms."

I wouldn't mention any of that to your Asus support, let them do all the talking after you tell them specifically what is wrong with your LCD.

You could also file a Technical Support request for help / RMA (if you can't return your laptop to the seller) here, select your country and create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry - if you can take a good sharp photo of the affected areas, put the photo's in a zip file and attach it to the Technical Inquiry.

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know what works out for you :)

Jlieu
09-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Good News here, I send it to warranty and they accept it. Replace a new panel for me. still have 9 month warranty left.

CocoNutty
12-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Good News here, I send it to warranty and they accept it. Replace a new panel for me. still have 9 month warranty left.

Glad to hear that they fixed it.I just send my laptop back for the second time first time they had to replace the motherboard.Now i have 5 dead pixels on my screen i hope they will do the same.