PDA

View Full Version : G750 JZ ...and Star Wars The Old Republic maxed out on Ultra, skipping, FPS drops....

ACENGLISH
09-13-2014, 02:46 AM
So, I just bought this thing, and I thought it was supposed to be able to run anything and everything...

I notice it seems to run Diablo 3 on full settings without issue, every once in a while I hit a spot where things seem to slow down for a second or two..

However, when I bring up SWTOR to test out the potential of this thing, its just not good at all..

It seems to run smooth on high settings, but as soon as I run it maxed out on Ultra, I get skipping, and FPS drops pretty bad. Just curious what the deal is? I mean I spent the extra couple hundred bucks on this thing over a different model due to the fact everyone claimed this thing could run it all, and even games in the future would be good to go. Was I wrong in this? Maybe I should just return it and downgrade if I cant get the max performance I was looking for.

I thought this model was supposed to be great with the 880M etc, am I wrong here?

Grothmog
09-13-2014, 06:36 AM
1st) Well might be stupid advice, but might be overlooked on new shiny windows, since from what i checked over net this game in directx9 based, You installed DirectX9 librallries right?

2nd) on SWOTR forums there are topics about bad framerates like http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302368 Have You read throught them? There seems some ppl have fps issues caused by SWOTR