PDA

View Full Version : ICC for AUO219D

Mikkrutel
09-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi,
wondering if anybody got their monitor HW calibrated and can share the ICC for AUO219D? Couldn't find one anywhere.

Thanks,
Mikk

Mikkrutel
09-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Nevermind then, I try to get it done somewhere in a week or so and share it here after.
Another thing though is that when I change between c4d and AE the monitor changes contrast and brightness by itself. Where to get that sorted out?

Thanks

Prostar Computer
09-19-2014, 03:17 PM
ICC profiles are very difficult to come by for these types of panels. I haven't come across one for the AUO screens, although there are utilities available that allow you to adjust specific parameters, supposedly.

Not clear on what c4d and AE are, but do you have the adaptive brightness feature enabled? Disable it if so.

AAndrei
09-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Install Asus Splendid, it will drop a couple of ICC profiles in the installation folder, one of them is for AUO219D.
Interesting part is that they have two AUO219D profiles, one for JW and one for JX, and both are somewhat different to the eye if you test them. Don't know why...
Yes, the best would be to get a third opinion from someone that could test both profiles and see which one is better along a fresh new profile created from scratch.

hmscott
09-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Install Asus Splendid, it will drop a couple of ICC profiles in the installation folder, one of them is for AUO219D.
Interesting part is that they have two AUO219D profiles, one for JW and one for JX, and both are somewhat different to the eye if you test them. Don't know why...
Yes, the best would be to get a third opinion from someone that could test both profiles and see which one is better along a fresh new profile created from scratch.

AAndrei, Splendid is doing more than just the ICC profiles, the default view isn't as clean as just an ICC profile. Have you tried copying / separating the ICC profile from Splendid - uninstalling Splendid and just using the ICC profiles?

Wulff
09-21-2014, 10:18 AM
I tried that here and there is quite a difference then , havent deceided yet wich looks best, but it didnt get worse either :) thats for sure

Wulff
09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
no need to install splendid, in the data folder you will find the icc profiles one i used is: G750JM_8086_AF06219D

edit i just downloaded splendid for the JX versiona s well and that has other icc profiles again :), isnt that strange if its for the same screen? will try those as well to see wich is really the best then

hmscott
09-21-2014, 10:28 AM
no need to install splendid, in the data folder you will find the icc profiles one i used is: G750JM_8086_AF06219D

Wulff, this folder?

C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\ASUS\Splendid(G750JH) \Vista32_Vista64_Win8_32_Win8_64_2.01.0014\data\Co lorTable

^^^ remove spaces added by forum software, I didn't put them there, and they don't show up in edit mode ^^^

Up until now, the only ICC profiles published are in this thread:

Personal Color Profile for the Chi Mei 173HGE
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36153-Personal-Color-Profile-for-the-Chi-Mei-173HGE&p=298099&viewfull=1#post298099

Nice to know these are right under our noses :)

Do you want to do a How to Install AUO ICC Profiles, like this thread post?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36153-Personal-Color-Profile-for-the-Chi-Mei-173HGE&p=298297&viewfull=1#post298297

http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/

Wulff
09-21-2014, 10:31 AM
i tried them all now here
is used the ones in: Splendid_Win81_64_VER2010021 (was on my g750jz dl page and had 1 icc profile for my auo)
Splendid_G750JW_JX_JXA_Win81_64_VER2010021 ( has 3 icc profiles for my auo)

yeah those icc files are in the data/ color table folder ending with 219D

hmscott
09-21-2014, 10:40 AM
i tried them all now here
is used the ones in: Splendid_Win81_64_VER2010021 (was on my g750jz dl page and had 1 icc profile for my auo)
Splendid_G750JW_JX_JXA_Win81_64_VER2010021 ( has 3 icc profiles for my auo)

yeah those icc files are in the data/ color table folder ending with 219D

Wulff, did you check to see if the newest downloaded ICC files are any different than the ones shipped in C:\eSupport\... ?

Wulff
09-21-2014, 10:44 AM
i didnt create the asus backtracker backup when i got my g750jz here hehe so i dont have a esupport folder here. i checked the profiles i have very briefly so far but i did notice an improvement, stiull needed to tweak the setting a bit thru the intel hd graphics control panel to make it even better

but hopefully soon(ish) i can buy me one of those g-sync monitors :) that would really improve things lot i bet. reading things like once you go g-sync you can never go back :) excactly the things i wanted to hear. although i also read quite a few ppl have problems with vertical lines on their rog swift monitors, so i will wait it out a bit. acer has their g-sync monitor coming as well so i assume others will follow as well. you think this is a technology that will be implemented in notebooks as well? or is the future those external gfx solutions?

hmscott
09-21-2014, 10:46 AM
i didnt create the asus backtracker backup when i got my g750jz here hehe so i dont have a esupport folder here. i checked the profiles i have very briefly so far but i did notice an improvement, stiull needed to tweak the setting a bit thru the intel hd graphics control panel to make it even better

Wulff, ahh, forgot about that little iGPU consideration on the Optimus G750's... please post your tweaks :)

Wulff
09-21-2014, 10:56 AM
i used the color calibration tool built into windows and reduced the brightness a tiny bit.

also saw yet another icc profile now for the N751JK_8086_AF06219D dated 31-10-2087 :P now thats what i call futureproof

hmscott
09-21-2014, 11:20 AM
i used the color calibration tool built into windows and reduced the brightness a tiny bit.

also saw yet another icc profile now for the N751JK_8086_AF06219D dated 31-10-2087 :P now thats what i call futureproof

Wulff, given that Asus provided different AUO219D profiles for the G750JH and G750JHA, which I thought only differed in their RAID0 hardware, maybe the G751 with 980m will have a different calibration :)

Someone forgot to correct for Daylight Savings time ;)

hmscott
09-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Wulff, ok, I have gone through the installation of the ICC profile in C:\eSupport for my G750JHA, first by right clicking on the profile file, and selecting Install, and then following the instructions, for the most part, from here:

Stop Losing Display Calibration with Windows 7
http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/

Here are the screen shots:

Open up the Color Management Control Panel, and check the Use my settings for this device checkbox.

Click the Add Profile button, select the installed profile.

Select the added profile, and click Set as Default Profile.

Click on the Advanced Tab, then Click on the Change System Defaults button on the left bottom of the dialog. Select the added profile in the Device Profile drop down.

I skipped a snippet view of the System Dialog, looks just like the User Dialog (first image), Add the Profile here too, then click the Advanced Tab, and the Check the Use Windows display Calibration box, it will also then be checked in the Use dialog. Also, select the added profile in the Device Profile drop down.

The profile added quite a bit of depth in color, especially noticeable in the wildlife pictures in my desktop theme. There are more grades of white in the snow scenes, more fine detail in the wild cat's face, more fine detail in the feathers of the exotic birds, and the colors aren't vivid - but they are more accurate.

Text also seems sharper, I am assuming it is due to better gradation in the white and black, causing more distinct edges.

So far I like it :)

Update: The text has sharpened up so much, I don't need my computer reading glasses, and I can read the text now from quite a distance away from the screen - wow, now that is an improvement!

Wulff
09-21-2014, 11:31 AM
yes i have the same feeling as you, more color depth and all, my colorful party stormtrooper wallpaper liked it as well

hmscott
09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
i used the color calibration tool built into windows and reduced the brightness a tiny bit...

Wulff, you changed the brightness in the color calibration tool? Is that the same change as would happen through the Power Plan brightness setting? Or is that a master change that is relative to the overall brightness - does the brightness change in the Power Options Brightness setting to match?

I usually run the brightness at 65-70% due to the overwhelming brilliance of the AUO backlight, but now that I have installed/applied the AUO ICC profile, I am able to bring the brightness all the way up without searing my retinas when reading text against a white background - and that also helps movie viewing - Star Trek Into Darkness (netflix HD) looks awesome - details in the dark areas are clean now - even with the brightness up at 100%. - The Avengers too - dark scenes have more detail at 100% brightness.

Wulff
09-21-2014, 03:42 PM
I use windows built in calibration tool to show me those pics. within that tool i can change gamma to a bit lower, and then at the next step i use the intel hd graphics control panel to reduce the brightness a bit but to -6 thats very little, other settings i didnt touch

watching this now and looks not bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsKnPDeU9vI

hmscott
09-21-2014, 04:07 PM
I use windows built in calibration tool to show me those pics. within that tool i can change gamma to a bit lower, and then at the next step i use the intel hd graphics control panel to reduce the brightness a bit but to -6 thats very little, other settings i didnt touch

watching this now and looks not bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsKnPDeU9vI

Nice, no blooming of fireworks against black background :)

Watching these at 4k resolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKmfOK6Pz4 <== Fixed - Fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zR2T9vn2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGnHB3rtMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9J5xnTVMA

AAndrei
09-22-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't think the video card makes any difference, but I guess that Asus is calibrating every display for every laptop they launch, this is the reason why we have different profiles for the same display 219D.

Why the profiles look different in blues/greens? I guess the guy who did the profiles made some lousy job. So we need someone with a calibrator to get us the best profile. Until then, the best we can do is to use one of those... instead of the standard one.

hmscott
09-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't think the video card makes any difference, but I guess that Asus is calibrating every display for every laptop they launch, this is the reason why we have different profiles for the same display 219D.

Why the profiles look different in blues/greens? I guess the guy who did the profiles made some lousy job. So we need someone with a calibrator to get us the best profile. Until then, the best we can do is to use one of those... instead of the standard one.

AAndrei, what model G750 with an AUO219 panel do you have, and what is the name of profile you tried?

When you plug in different video cards into the same monitor, they have a different visible color profile.

The color profile varies based on the driven element as well as the display element. The Color Correction of a Nvidia/ATI GPU affects the color on the monitor. The default color balance between video cards is different as well.

You could balance the green / blue by using the Color Calibration Control Panel. If you do, please share those settings here for others to use with that same named profile.

We look forward to your results :)

Wulff
09-23-2014, 01:13 AM
so after doing a bit more of a search i found a page and from what i read they tested the screen of the g750jz they have there as well?
Information

X-Rite i1Pro 2
Maximum: 282 cd/m
Average: 257.8 cd/m
Brightness Distribution: 80 %
Center on Battery: 275 cd/m
Black: 0.49 cd/m
Contrast: 561:1
ICC File (X-Rite i1Pro 2)

would that icc file the file this x-rite pro generates after calibrating the screen? ( no idea what hardware calibration is actually)

i tried it and it looks quite alright to me. However i also remember that ppl saying that the g750 was shipped with differnet panels, is that also true if the model number is excactly the same then (for example: g750jz-t4046h)
?. Seems this notebookcheck tested more models of the g750 series as well

link: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G750JZ-T4023H-Notebook.116196.0.html