PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Keyboard Problem

zach140023
09-19-2014, 06:33 AM
So I love everything about this laptop I have had it since last Feb. My one problem so far is My 'W' key sticking. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't use 'WASD' in every single game I play. I have heard compressed air can un stick keys but I actually already removed the 'W' key just to see if i could see anything causing the problem. It appears as if the plastic dimple underneath the key is sticking on its own without even having the 'W' cover attached. I don't know if anyone has any advice on fixing this or if the key bracket is just screwed but I have never had a key stick this bad on a laptop, not sure what to do. I know i could just get a better keyboard and i probably will in the future, but half the point of this laptop is so i can game from my recliner without hauling more gear, monitors etc. into the living room.

Prostar Computer
09-19-2014, 03:33 PM
I don't think there's much you can do for dome that's sticking without disassembling the keyboard down to a level that would void your warranty, assuming there's a viable fix for it even. I imagine that if you contact Asus support about it, they will recommend having the keyboard replaced (by them) altogether.