PDA

View Full Version : ROG Eye Splash Screen Windows Bootup

Darnassus
09-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Since I've re-installed windows 8, I've lost my ROG Splash Screen on bootup. How do I put it back?

chrsplmr
09-19-2014, 12:53 PM
That is probably in the bios. [Del] on boot. Best of Luck. .c.

Wulff
09-19-2014, 01:53 PM
what chrsplmr say is true, but then on our laptops we use the F2 key to get to the bios. Normally you would see the windows 8 logo only if you disabled UEFI in the bios yes. however, im not sure what did you use to create the bootable usb to install windows? if you used for example the win7 usb tool that will format the usb partition as NTFS. but to be able to install in uefi mode i believe the usb stick should be formatted as fat32 instead. use a tool called rufus to create your bootable usb and make sure that before you create it with the win8 .iso the usb is formatted as fat32 ( sometimes when you first put it at gpt style partition and fat32 and then laod in the iso sometimes it gets put back to ntfs, change it once more to FAT then. then it should work no problem. and if you did change something in your bios then perhaps its best to laod setup defaults. mine is also on defauklt except for the intel anti theft, i disabled that here

good luck

Prostar Computer
09-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Since I've re-installed windows 8, I've lost my ROG Splash Screen on bootup. How do I put it back?

Is UEFI enabled or disabled, and/or have you flashed the BIOS recently?

hmscott
09-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Darnassus, didn't you just restore from an Asus Backtracker recovery flash drive?, it should have restored the ROG screen on boot.

Did you set the BIOS settings back to Defaults before doing the restore - I actually thought the Asus Backtracker restore would do that too, but I always suggest resetting the BIOS back to Defaults before doing a restore.

In the BIOS Boot tab, you should have Launch CSM set to Disabled and in the BIOS Security tab - Secure Boot - Secure Boot Control should be Enabled.

If after changing those settings for UEFI support, you can't boot... you need to go back into the BIOS and set them back so you can boot again, and we can help you debug setting up UEFI secure.

Kinda surprised Asus Backtracker restore didn't set those options itself...if you find CSM is already Disabled and Secure Boot Control is Enabled, let us know, and we can help you debug the splash screen further.

Darnassus
09-20-2014, 07:39 AM
I TESTED my Backtracker, then formatted my SSD and put on a disc of Windows 8.1

The ROG screen still shows, but it's only for a second, then it changes to the blue Win8 one.

My CSM is enabled and Secure Boot Control is disabled since I wanted to boot from a USB to check things.. (ended up burning a CD for Win 8.1 anyway.

I guess I will revert the bios settings back having CSM back to disabled and Secure Boot back on.

P.S. Prostar, I'm on 208JX, I ain't risking 209.. all those brick stories just doesn't appeal to me.

Also, what's the point of 209, the update was so minor I forgot what it even was..

Darnassus
09-20-2014, 07:44 AM
I TESTED my Backtracker, then formatted my SSD and put on a disc of Windows 8.1

The ROG screen still shows, but it's only for a second, then it changes to the blue Win8 one.

My CSM is enabled and Secure Boot Control is disabled since I wanted to boot from a USB to check things.. (ended up burning a CD for Win 8.1 anyway.

I guess I will revert the bios settings back having CSM back to disabled and Secure Boot back on.

P.S. Prostar, I'm on 208JX, I ain't risking 209.. all those brick stories just doesn't appeal to me.

Also, what's the point of 209, the update was so minor I forgot what it even was..

Darnassus
09-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Got it back, just put BIOS back to normal. I did not lose the splash screen of ROG and my OS is a fresh 8.1 install. ;d

hmscott
09-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Got it back, just put BIOS back to normal. I did not lose the splash screen of ROG and my OS is a fresh 8.1 install. ;d

Darnassus, cool :)

Did you test your USB 3.0 port throughput, are all 4 ports fast?

Did you notice any screen lines/fidelity difference. Long ago someone mentioned it was better having never had Splendid installed - and you only get that with a Microsoft media Windows 8.1 install.

Glad to hear it all worked out :)