PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard is scratching the screen

Dario88
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Hi all, keyboard keys are scratching the screen, it's difficult to take a picture due to reflections, i'll try in the afternoon. I think that the contact between the screen and keyboard is due to back-screen extreme softness and to carrying the pc in the backpack. Initially there was dust and hands grease, but after some months the scratch are established! Someone else noticed this problem?

Dario

hmscott
09-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi all, keyboard keys are scratching the screen, it's difficult to take a picture due to reflections, i'll try in the afternoon. I think that the contact between the screen and keyboard is due to back-screen extreme softness and to carrying the pc in the backpack. Initially there was dust and hands grease, but after some months the scratch are established! Someone else noticed this problem?
Dario

Dario88, it's a common problem for laptops. The solution is to keep a clean soft cloth between the keyboard and screen. I kept the white cloth that came with my G750JH and travel with it between the keyboard and screen.

It also helps to keep the screen clean, I wipe it down at least once a week, even if it looks clean, and the cleaning wipe always picks up some particles. Those can rub between the cloth and the screen, so you need to keep the screen clean.

There isn't anything you can do about the state of the scratches already made, but you can keep it from getting worse. The scratches tend to catch dust too, so keep it clean.

I carry a wireless keyboard/trackpad with me, and keep the white cloth on the keyboard to keep dust off, but dust still blows up under it and I have to clean the keyboard weekly too - if you touch the keyboard - dropping food particles and dirt particles - you might want to wipe it down a couple of times a week.

Which model G750 do you have?

Prostar Computer
09-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Usually the laptop ships with a thin, cloth/fabric insert between the screen and the keyboard. If you still have the original packaging, use this while the laptop is in the pack. If not, find something comparable (thin and soft) to allow for cushion.

Dario88
09-19-2014, 04:55 PM
The laptop is a second hand and there was no fabric between screen and keyboard, i'll provide one by myself. The laptop is a JX model and i'm very concerned about the fragility and softness of the screen's backside, pushing it on the center make it collapse :O My previous laptop was a solid DELL 9400, a rock compared to the G750 :D

hmscott
09-19-2014, 05:04 PM
The laptop is a second hand and there was no fabric between screen and keyboard, i'll provide one by myself. The laptop is a JX model and i'm very concerned about the fragility and softness of the screen's backside, pushing it on the center make it collapse :O My previous laptop was a solid DELL 9400, a rock compared to the G750 :D

Dario88, the G750 is heavy as it is, I think Asus was trying to reduce weight wherever it could. I make sure to face the screen back in the most supported direction in my laptop bag - and make sure something isn't pressing against it - even going so far as to pack a stiff book / binder between the laptop screen back and other pointy / rough things in the laptop bag.