PDA

View Full Version : Different panels on G750 (Screens)

Darnassus
09-23-2014, 03:26 PM
What are the different panels on the G750?

I heard there is:

AUO
Chi-Mei
Samsung

What are the pros and cons of each?

I've got Chi-Mei and I really want to swap it with something else. Even overclocked to 75Hz, I can't turn down the brightness when I want to avoid the scrolling and flickering of color... it's so very frustrating.

hmscott
09-23-2014, 10:17 PM
What are the different panels on the G750?...

I've got Chi-Mei and I really want to swap it with something else. Even overclocked to 75Hz, I can't turn down the brightness when I want to avoid the scrolling and flickering of color... it's so very frustrating.

Darnassus, the ChiMei needs to run at least at 85hz to get rid of flickering. I ran at 100hz without issues.

Darnassus
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
I can't run at 100hz, I get artifacts and things in this forum begin to appear purple and change slightly

I'm currently on 75hz, I might try 85.

This does not answer my question though.

By the way hmscott, are you aware there's a vacant slot in the motherboard to swap to a 120hz screen panel? ;3

hmscott
09-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I can't run at 100hz, I get artifacts and things in this forum begin to appear purple and change slightly

I'm currently on 75hz, I might try 85.

This does not answer my question though.

By the way hmscott, are you aware there's a vacant slot in the motherboard to swap to a 120hz screen panel? ;3

Darnassus, 85 hz is enough. What you describe as artifacts is what I saw at 105hz, each panel is different. I verified 85hz was enough for the flickering everyone was reporting months ago, it should work - unless your problem is something else.

The 120hz socket isn't there, and the driver parts aren't either, you are seeing the spot allocated for population for the 3D JX model - not enough were built -- because there were problems with Nvidia drivers - same as on the JM but different - those problems got solved - but Asus never ramped up the 3D model again.

Those are the only panels seen: AUO, ChiMei - and a few reported Samsung - I think that was the 120hz panel.

AUO and ChiMei are equal in my experience - different pluses and minuses but essentially performing as well as the other - no reason to swap if you run the ChiMei at 85hz.

Darnassus
09-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Hmmm... alright.. ;c

gazzacbr
09-25-2014, 09:42 AM
...the 3D JX model - not enough were built -- because there were problems with Nvidia drivers...Samsung - I think that was the 120hz panel...
eh? what problems with the 3d JX screens?
i have had zero problems with any drivers including the latest nvidia 344. windows 7 or 8.
but you are correct as my screen is a Samsung at 120hz
mmm, shiny...

hmscott
09-25-2014, 09:46 AM
eh? what problems with the 3d JX screens?
i have had zero problems with any drivers including the latest nvidia 344. windows 7 or 8.
but you are correct as my screen is a Samsung at 120hz
mmm, shiny...

gazzacbr, not to worry, the problems were from early in the release last year - only the Asus released driver would work, none of the Nvidia direct downloaded drivers worked, it took many months for Nvidia to push a release that fixed the problem, and since then all the Nvidia releases have worked, as you have found.

It is similar to what is happening with the G750JM's right now, but there were very few JX 3D's, so fewer people were affected, unlike with the JM where there are lots of people affected.

The 3D JX is awesome :)

Darnassus
09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
I wish I got a 3D one. :'c