PDA

View Full Version : G750jm Subwoofer keeps cutting out

evezy123
09-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi all I have a G750jm purchased a month ago and the subwoofer keeps cutting out at random times and will cut back in, this will stop if I turn down the woofer to aboutb 50% in realtek settings. this laptop has been sent back to asus for repair where they had replaced the subwoofer, the motherboard, and the bottom part of the case, they also reformatted the laptop and said they tested it and all was working, when I got it back yesterday turned it on fired up some music and to my surprise it still does it should I send it back again and wait another 10 days or is there another solution out there? thanks

Mountian Man
09-23-2014, 09:42 PM
I have experienced some similar issues with the audio L and R where it will some times drop on one speaker but always comes back. It stopped happening after resolved a horizontal line issue when playing videos and games. I'm guessing this is a driver issue.

hmscott
09-23-2014, 10:06 PM
I have experienced some similar issues with the audio L and R where it will some times drop on one speaker but always comes back. It stopped happening after resolved a horizontal line issue when playing videos and games. I'm guessing this is a driver issue.

Mountian Man, which driver? L/R audio issues aren't the same as the Subwoofer getting over driven :)

evezy123
09-24-2014, 04:56 PM
I have tried reinstalling the driver, and even tried installing a generic driver from realtek but nothing. It works fine set to 50% just cuts out when I crank it up.

mihaimoga
09-24-2014, 06:31 PM
I have the same problem on my Asus G750JZ, when i put the sound higher then 80% the bass subwoofer is cut out and the sound goes very low (~10% maybe lower) even if i max it out.

thangbeo2708
09-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Same thing happens with my g750jm . Subwoofer works fine if i set around 50% . Is it a hardware problem or just driver problem ? Should i take it back to the store and get a new one ??

hmscott
09-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Same thing happens with my g750jm . Subwoofer works fine if i set around 50% . Is it a hardware problem or just driver problem ? Should i take it back to the store and get a new one ??

thangbeo2708, there may be sub woofer transducers that have better range than others, but it is usually an issue with source material - some drive the sub harder than others and you need to turn down the bass line - input level - into the sub.

You could try to swap for another unit, but you might end up with the same or worse rather than better. It is a small short throw sub, you can't expect a laptop to drop the same sound as a dedicated audio device. If you tune the sub output level to around 60% through the Sound Control panel you should be able to crank the volume output a bit more - just reducing the relative drive of the sub compared to the front speakers should be enough.

evezy123
09-25-2014, 11:35 AM
yep that's what I did. managed to keep it at 70% without it cutting out

hmscott
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM
yep that's what I did. managed to keep it at 70% without it cutting out

evezy123, that's good, it seems to depend on the material and the overall volume level.

Taking an output to a home theater or boobox might be better - laptops aren't physically laid out to be optimal for sound reproduction.

I prefer headphones myself most of the time. :)

evezy123
09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
just bugged me a bit that asus had repaired it and tested it and had told me it was working

hmscott
09-25-2014, 08:38 PM
just bugged me a bit that asus had repaired it and tested it and had told me it was working

evezy123, it was working for them. Asus techs likely run a test that doesn't over drive the sub at default 100% level output.

Maybe Asus should ship it at 50% so it doesn't overdrive for most material, but that would short change the people that listen to material that doesn't need to have the sub level reduced.

I don't reduce it to 70% to keep it from over driving, I just like the sound mix between the sub and the front speakers better.

You could make a suggestion to Asus to do that in the next release, reduce the level by default.

Viswa
11-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Hello Guys,
One small trick worked but wont find big difference. This worked out with my G750JM, Open up Audio wizard which appears when u install asus audio drivers. And put all your volume i.e internal subwoofer and speakers to maximum where u will get your issue, at that time open up the audio wizard.exe and click on gear you will get equalizer, when using equalizer your bass levels ll be on the left. just slowly keep pushing until you get your bass back. This trick worked for me, running almost high volume songs to test not yet appeared. I ll post my Equalizer settings below. Try it !!42866