PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ-DS71 and Nvidia 3D vision 2 kit not compatible

Haakon
09-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi, I have the Asus ROG G750JZ-DS71 which I purchased from Amazon just over one month ago. Today I received the NVidia 3D vision 2 glasses kit which I also happened to purchase from Amazon. When I tried to install the necessary driver required for the 3D glasses, I encountered a rather serious problem. Apparently none of the ports on the side of the laptop is linked to the NVidia 880m graphics card, they are all linked to the ****ty CPU. I have searched and searched all day for a solution to this problem, but I haven’t found anything of relevance… Since all the ports (HDMI, VGA etc.) are linked to the Intel CPU, and not the NVidia 880m graphics card, I can’t connect my 3D projector to the NVidia graphics card, thus I can’t get the glasses to work. So far I haven’t been able to find any solution to my problem and that means that I would’ve wasted a lot of money on 3D ready equipment I never got to use… I was therefore wondering if any of you guys know anything about this. Maybe I was just unlucky with my laptop? Because it says on pretty much every single website I’ve been on reading about the G750JZ that it is NVidia 3D compatible, so you’d think there’d be some truth in that?

Does anyone know if this can be fixed somehow? I'd really like to game in 3D, which was one of the reasons why I invested in the 880m graphics card...

Here is a picture illustrating my problem in PhysX: http://bildr.no/image/b3ZuamFy.jpeg

http://www.portableone.com/ASUS-G750JZ-XS72-Laptop - just one out of many websites claiming the G750JZ to be 3D ready..
Thank you so much for your help

Regards,
Haakon

Haakon
09-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know if the ASUS G750JZ-DS71 is supposed to be 3D ready? Have anyone successfully installed a pair of Nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses on this laptop before? Or have anyone used a 3D projector and used the 3D option before?

gazzacbr
09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi,
there are problems with (yes again) Optimess and 3D. Optimess is physically disabled on my JX with 120Hz 3D screen (hurrah) to prevent such problems.
i assume you have the full kit with the IR emitter?
some things to check:
make sure the driver installs. it will not install on its own if it cannot find an IR emitter. i have seen a way to manually force install it on google somewhere.
the laptop screen has to be disabled in settings (not mirrored) otherwise you cannot set 120Hz.
i think the hdmi is only connected to the intel which is not fast enough. have you tried to use the mini displayport?

good luck...

Haakon
09-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Hi, thanks for replying!
- Yes, I do have the full kit with the IR emitter.
As I plug the emitter in a USB port the driver installs, but no matter how many times (Uninstall and install again) I repeat this process, or try different USB ports the end result is always the same.
I tried everything you listed, but none of the provided solutions worked even the slightest, but thank you for trying to help, it is highly appreciated.
All the ports are connected directly to the Intel CPU, and not the NVidia GPU, so there is a hardware problem, and not a software problem as far as I've figured out. Due to this it is physically impossible to use Nvidias' glasses on the G750JZ-DS71, and something that they definitely should be trying to fix! I didn't buy a brand new laptop, top of the line with all the latest technology to not be able to utilize 3D technology, as I already had a 3D projector I wanted to use with this laptop.

hmscott
09-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Hi, thanks for replying!
- Yes, I do have the full kit with the IR emitter.
As I plug the emitter in a USB port the driver installs, but no matter how many times (Uninstall and install again) I repeat this process, or try different USB ports the end result is always the same.
I tried everything you listed, but none of the provided solutions worked even the slightest, but thank you for trying to help, it is highly appreciated.
All the ports are connected directly to the Intel CPU, and not the NVidia GPU, so there is a hardware problem, and not a software problem as far as I've figured out. Due to this it is physically impossible to use Nvidias' glasses on the G750JZ-DS71, and something that they definitely should be trying to fix! I didn't buy a brand new laptop, top of the line with all the latest technology to not be able to utilize 3D technology, as I already had a 3D projector I wanted to use with this laptop.

Haakon, have you tried opening a support case with Asus? They might have a procedure to enable 3D support.

As you have pointed out Asus advertised the G750's as supporting 3D gaming.

You can set up a login here, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry here.

https://vip.asus.com

You can also attach a zip file with photo's / images to the Technical Inquiry.

It may take a few emails back and forth to get what you need, escalate to an engineer after a couple of emails if it isn't progressing. Ask nicely and be concise in your statements - English isn't their first language. I have experienced some frustration when trying to explain some things, but remaining patient and polite it eventually gets straightened out.

Please let us know what Asus says in response :)