PDA

View Full Version : gst harddrive problem

nazrinnoorzan
09-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Hey, im helping my friend to format his partition C laptop ( asus G55V ). Now the problem is after i format the C partition, I cant install it as it says that the partition is in GPT.

So i do a lot of research and the only solution to install windows 7 in C without losing my D files that i know as for now is to make my bios in uefi mode as GST for UEFI while MBR for legacy.

I tried a lot of googling and cant find a way to make my bios in uefi.. Please need a real sifu advice here..

Clintlgm
09-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Search no further my friend, This thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=) explains it all
Your system is in UEFI mode your Disk is GPT, you need to set up your USB Install media to boot UEFI and install.
Of Course you should have already backed up all your data. If you boot your USB install media UEFI and your hard drive has already been booting ok with win 7 installed you should be able to just install to your C: partition.
If not then your going to have to install to hard drive and then move your data back. Go through that thread completely and P understand what you are doing. Have a plan ready implement before you start.

nazrinnoorzan
09-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Search no further my friend, This thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=) explains it all
Your system is in UEFI mode your Disk is GPT, you need to set up your USB Install media to boot UEFI and install.
Of Course you should have already backed up all your data. If you boot your USB install media UEFI and your hard drive has already been booting ok with win 7 installed you should be able to just install to your C: partition.
If not then your going to have to install to hard drive and then move your data back. Go through that thread completely and P understand what you are doing. Have a plan ready implement before you start.
Thanx for replying but this is my 1st time encounter so much problem when formatting harddrive.. guess im not experience enough..

Just to make sure now, u said that the bios is already in uefi and the harddisk is in gpt, so i need to make my usb installer in uefi too right? i already did that and now when i tried to boot it, it said "reboot or select proper boot device etc."..

What actually is the problem?

Clintlgm
09-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Actually hit the Esc key on boot up that will give you a boot menu select the UEFI USB XXX not the USB XXX
All this is explained I the thread I link for you.

nazrinnoorzan
09-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Actually hit the Esc key on boot up that will give you a boot menu select the UEFI USB XXX not the USB XXX
All this is explained I the thread I link for you.
already hit the ESC key and only list the USB XXX.. No UEFI USB XXX..
yea already clicked the thread but too much topics' link.. not sure which one to read.. sorry for being a slow head.. =/

Edit: i tried updating the bios 1st.. hopefully this solve all my problems..

Clintlgm
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Well if you didn't find a UEFI USB XXX that means that you don't have your USB set up to boot UEFI. With windows 7 HP 64 bit you need to insure that your ISO has the EFI boot set up. this is all discussed in the thread I link for you.

nazrinnoorzan
09-30-2014, 05:20 AM
Well if you didn't find a UEFI USB XXX that means that you don't have your USB set up to boot UEFI. With windows 7 HP 64 bit you need to insure that your ISO has the EFI boot set up. this is all discussed in the thread I link for you.
thanx for ur help.. the problem is bcoz my usb in ntfs format..hehe problem solved!