PDA

View Full Version : Asus Rog G750jw black screen.

Caddellftw
09-30-2014, 12:45 AM
My screen on my laptop recently went black. I figured I could be one of two things lcd cable or screen. I purchased both new and replaced . Screen is still black but computer will show on a external monitor . I thought maybe it was bios so I installed new bios still no luck . Checked video settings and it's not recognizing the laptop display just the external monitor . Any ideas?

Thanks
Brandon.

hmscott
10-03-2014, 09:04 PM
My screen on my laptop recently went black. I figured I could be one of two things lcd cable or screen. I purchased both new and replaced . Screen is still black but computer will show on a external monitor . I thought maybe it was bios so I installed new bios still no luck . Checked video settings and it's not recognizing the laptop display just the external monitor . Any ideas?
Thanks
Brandon.

Caddellftw, you do know your G750JW comes with a 1-2 year warranty? And, Asus does help out people beyond the warranty, especially for this kind of problem.

It might be worthwhile submitting a Technical Inquiry with Asus, and let them know what the symptoms are - including that you replaced the LCD and cable, and ask them for help debugging / fixing the issue. Do you still have the original cable / LCD? You might mention that too.

They will likely RMA it for you to fix it :)

You can create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry here:

https://vip.asus.com

Please do come back and let us know what Asus says, and how it works out :)