PDA

View Full Version : G750-JM Battery Problem

MBA42
10-05-2014, 03:05 PM
So, here's an issue I just recently noticed that my laptop has: the battery light keeps flashing orange, and my laptop will not charge when the AC adapter is plugged in. Also, the cylinder-like top part of the plug of the AC adapter has an odd tint to some parts of it. I don't know if it's rust, or what, but that doesn't seem good. Any help would be most appreciated! I've only had the G750JM for 3 months, and this seems a bit early to be running into battery troubles. :confused:

Christophe771
10-06-2014, 04:17 PM
real sorry to hear that mate,

is your warranty claim off ? I received 2 year warranty for mine. surprised how they can give a 2 year international warranty. I got mine about a month ago.
yeah, this really not a good sign.
do make sure you check your plugs/cables too. try to compare by changing wires , plugs just to pinpoint.
dont know which to replace.
also, i don't know if this is the case, if you bought your laptop with a plug not native to your country. could be burnout or the fuse too. so try your best to pinpoint. the wire connecting to the brick adapter is cheap, only the adapter is expensive and i believe the battery even more.
i dont know if this would help too, if u try to completely drain energy from the battery and try to charge it again.

hmscott
10-06-2014, 06:32 PM
So, here's an issue I just recently noticed that my laptop has: the battery light keeps flashing orange, and my laptop will not charge when the AC adapter is plugged in. Also, the cylinder-like top part of the plug of the AC adapter has an odd tint to some parts of it. I don't know if it's rust, or what, but that doesn't seem good. Any help would be most appreciated! I've only had the G750JM for 3 months, and this seems a bit early to be running into battery troubles. :confused:

MBA42, there are a few of things you can try, but the problem you are describing usually needs an RMA to Asus to debug whether it is the battery, charging section of the laptop, or power supply.

First, try a software fix. Uninstall both of the entries in the Device Manager Batteries section, and either power off and boot to get them to reinstall (best) or try the menu item Action => Scan for hardware changes - then power off and boot up.

If that doesn't work. Power off again, remove the power cord, remove the battery, and press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds. Then put it all back together and see if that fixed it.

If the problem persists, and you have access to a known good battery and / or power adapter, you can swap those known good parts in and see if the problem goes away.

After all that, and the problem persists, it is the laptop internals that need repair, so you can file a Technical Inquiry with Asus - documenting all the things you tried, and the results, so you can help them repair the laptop quickly.

Create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry here:

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

MBA42
10-10-2014, 11:59 PM
real sorry to hear that mate,

is your warranty claim off ? I received 2 year warranty for mine. surprised how they can give a 2 year international warranty. I got mine about a month ago.
yeah, this really not a good sign.
do make sure you check your plugs/cables too. try to compare by changing wires , plugs just to pinpoint.
dont know which to replace.
also, i don't know if this is the case, if you bought your laptop with a plug not native to your country. could be burnout or the fuse too. so try your best to pinpoint. the wire connecting to the brick adapter is cheap, only the adapter is expensive and i believe the battery even more.
i dont know if this would help too, if u try to completely drain energy from the battery and try to charge it again.

Well, I consulted with a tech expert whom I know personally and they informed me that the orange tint comes from natural wear-and tear (thankfully). The AC adapter works fine for now, as I am able to run the computer on AC adapter power alone.

MBA42
10-11-2014, 12:02 AM
MBA42, there are a few of things you can try, but the problem you are describing usually needs an RMA to Asus to debug whether it is the battery, charging section of the laptop, or power supply.

First, try a software fix. Uninstall both of the entries in the Device Manager Batteries section, and either power off and boot to get them to reinstall (best) or try the menu item Action => Scan for hardware changes - then power off and boot up.

If that doesn't work. Power off again, remove the power cord, remove the battery, and press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds. Then put it all back together and see if that fixed it.

If the problem persists, and you have access to a known good battery and / or power adapter, you can swap those known good parts in and see if the problem goes away.

After all that, and the problem persists, it is the laptop internals that need repair, so you can file a Technical Inquiry with Asus - documenting all the things you tried, and the results, so you can help them repair the laptop quickly.

Create a login, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry here:

https://vip.asus.com

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

Well, it turns out that this problem may have fixed itself while I was away from my forum post! After I drained the battery to ~7%, disconnected the battery, waited a few days, and charged the battery back again, everything is fine. It charges when it is on, and the battery light doesn't flash. Solid light off when battery is used, just like what the user manual states.

hmscott
10-11-2014, 01:12 AM
Well, it turns out that this problem may have fixed itself while I was away from my forum post! After I drained the battery to ~7%, disconnected the battery, waited a few days, and charged the battery back again, everything is fine. It charges when it is on, and the battery light doesn't flash. Solid light off when battery is used, just like what the user manual states.

MBA42, that's great news, glad to hear it is working reliably now :)

MBA42
10-11-2014, 05:40 PM
MBA42, that's great news, glad to hear it is working reliably now :)

Thank you very much! I'll save those instructions from earlier just in case my battery heads south again.