PDA

View Full Version : Poor RMA Experience

udchishti
10-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I've been frustrated by the poor experience to get my G750JM laptop repaired. Every time I call, I get a different response from the team.

Last week I was informed that the replacement keyboard part will take over a month to arrive, hence I will be contacted by a team in Holland to talk about a replacement option.

Today, I have been told that the part is infarct ordered and will take just under 30 days to fix. The laptop is barely a few weeks old and my first ROG - surely this isn't how customer service is run? Repeated calls to the RMA contact number is not helpful. The agents whilst polite, don't have the systems in place to talk about the repair process, next steps etc.

Can someone from the Admin team please contact me, I need my laptop this week and can't wait till end of October to be fixed.

Thanks

Darnassus
10-07-2014, 01:09 PM
I believe this is really only a user forum, where us ROG users exchange our experiences about our laptops and other marketing that's happening right now. So you won't get official support for your laptop.

... however, you WILL be pointed in the right direction.

If your laptop is already with the RMA company, then you have to wait. Honestly I would have told the RMA company to send me a replacement keyboard so I could fit it myself at home.

I also don't understand why it would take so long. A keyboard like our G750 model would normally be only 5 days shipment. It's a part you can literally purchase on the internet for under $100. ( It costs that much because it's the keyboard, mouse and aluminium plate + start button and cords. )

Wulff
10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
if your notebook is only a few weeks old they should replace it cause thats even the dutch law, if a product shows defect with 6 month of purchase i think, the seller is required to replace or repair the problem WITHOUT TO MUCH HASSLE FOR YOU AS CUSTOMER cause the law say that the product was probably already faulty the moment you buy it

im also from holalnd and im sure that you can find some decent info about this law on google (consuwijzer, consumentenbond etc)

So if i were you and the repair really takes that long demand a replacement or your money back

udchishti
10-07-2014, 11:08 PM
if your notebook is only a few weeks old they should replace it cause thats even the dutch law, if a product shows defect with 6 month of purchase i think, the seller is required to replace or repair the problem WITHOUT TO MUCH HASSLE FOR YOU AS CUSTOMER cause the law say that the product was probably already faulty the moment you buy it

im also from holalnd and im sure that you can find some decent info about this law on google (consuwijzer, consumentenbond etc)

So if i were you and the repair really takes that long demand a replacement or your money back

I completely agree. This should be a stress free replacement...
I have raised a complaint through the official site (no you can't call).

xeromist
10-07-2014, 11:49 PM
I guess it's too late for your machine now that it is sent it off but do retailers not accept returns in Holland? Here in the U.S. we usually have about 30 days to return faulty products to the retailer for exchange or refund before dealing with the manufacturer. I'm just curious how things work.

GottiBoi55
10-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi,

I've been frustrated by the poor experience to get my G750JM laptop repaired. Every time I call, I get a different response from the team.

Last week I was informed that the replacement keyboard part will take over a month to arrive, hence I will be contacted by a team in Holland to talk about a replacement option.

Today, I have been told that the part is infarct ordered and will take just under 30 days to fix. The laptop is barely a few weeks old and my first ROG - surely this isn't how customer service is run? Repeated calls to the RMA contact number is not helpful. The agents whilst polite, don't have the systems in place to talk about the repair process, next steps etc.

Can someone from the Admin team please contact me, I need my laptop this week and can't wait till end of October to be fixed.

Thanks

You need to contact cl-Albert, he's the Asus customer loyalty rep here on the ROG forum.
He may be of assistance with your issue, he has helped many others here with customer support issues.
Contact him via PM, here's the link to his profile page>>>> http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert

udchishti
10-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Thank you. Just did

udchishti
10-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Just to follow up. The complaint through Asus website was more useful. I got a response that the repair will be done by the 1st Nov however we contact you shortly for an lternate solution.

GottiBoi55
10-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Thank you. Just did

You welcome my friend, and welcome to the ROG forum.

kaltoreth
10-10-2014, 01:55 PM
I wasent all to happy either, when I needed help with my (back then) Asus G74SX which screen had died.

I had opened what i needed to get to my fans a few months earlier to clean out hairballs etc, and then they just gave me the finger.

I had to dismantle my entire computer, take out the LCD screen, find the vendor number, and order / buy an LCD screen from some manufactorer in the Netherlands, and replace it myself.

But keep in mind, I've also read alot ppl beeing very happy with ASUS RMA, so we might just have been an unlucky bunch :/