PDA

View Full Version : New G750JW getting few different BSOD

Redhot1991
10-13-2014, 08:31 AM
So I got this laptop for about 3weeks and I get different BSOD since the first day

windows version: Windows 8.1 , 6.2, build: 9200
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: G750JW, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8503439360 total

Tried to reinstall everything, uninstalled the ROG mouse software (i guess this will remove the driver as well?)
Ran the windows memory diagnostic and everything but nothing is found.
Most of the time I get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled
SOmetimes I get some others ones but mainly those two above.
I just restore the laptop again few hours ago so i dont have much dump report at the moment.
Please do help me with this since I really need the laptop for my projects.

So here attached whocrashed report:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Mon 13/10/2014 08:24:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-31015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD001CF3DE580, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801394B836D, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 13/10/2014 08:24:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFD001CF3DE580, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801394B836D, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 12/10/2014 23:18:18 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-44687-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14DCA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1, 0xD, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800AA2DE372)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redhot1991
10-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Just one more point to add if that helps, I pretty much never get BSOD while playing any sort of games, I only get them while am browsing websites or just leave it on without touching it

Redhot1991
10-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Here is some more crash report

On Mon 13/10/2014 16:15:27 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-21203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFE401EF544870, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80164AE78FE)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Mon 13/10/2014 16:15:27 GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFE401EF544870, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80164AE78FE)

On Mon 13/10/2014 12:30:42 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-22359-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: storport.sys (storport+0x1E38)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x24, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80108B7EE38)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\storport.sys
description: Microsoft Storage Port Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 13/10/2014 12:30:42 GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: storport.sys (storport!StorPortNotification+0x9F8)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x24, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80108B7EE38)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\storport.sys
description: Microsoft Storage Port Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 13/10/2014 12:20:13 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-24187-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF802A3118632, 0xFFFFD0003DE9C3C0, 0xFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

Would the problem solve if I install window7 instead?

Maxter
10-13-2014, 08:16 PM
JW, huh... This laptop came with Win 8 installed. See if you can re-install Win 8. Do remember that there are a series of new drivers compatible with Win 8.1. The issues seem to be a memory addressing (RAM access).