PDA

View Full Version : mouse pointer freezes

qiliangpei
10-16-2014, 12:45 AM
It is not a problem with this G750JM - there are so many people had this problem on their compters with Windows 7 or 8. Only a normal USB mouse and only the mouse pointer freezes on the screen. The notebook works fine and the touchpad is also fine. Any solution for it? The mouse is using the HID compatible input device driver. I tried another microsoft mouse with MS driver, it is OK.

Darnassus
10-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Your mouse may be short circuiting in the cord.. that's all I can think of.

gazzacbr
10-16-2014, 07:53 AM
"there are so many people had this problem on their compters with Windows 7 or 8"
on Asus or generally?

does the problem mouse work in another computer?
unless its very expensive, bin it and buy another one.
dont know the answer either but

does the cursor restart again?
if so, maybe virus checker or HDD stopping and restarting?
is this the same in all 4 usb ports?
what does cpu performance monitor show when this happens?

qiliangpei
10-17-2014, 02:20 AM
I googled this problem, there are many posts about this problem, on all brands of computer, from vista era to windows 8.1. It seems a problem on the HID compatible mouse driver - it has not been updated from 2006.

The frozen mouse pointer will come back to move but it will freeze very soon and frequently once happened. Any other parts of the computer - hdd, softwares are all working well and smoothly at the same time, even the touchpad is smooth as usual.

This mouse is a cheap one, but it is good enough for almost 3 years :P and on this computer under windows 8.1. Recently I upgraded all the drivers from ASUS website to the latest version, then it happens - but today, it is good for 1 hour already :D

hmscott
10-17-2014, 02:44 AM
I googled this problem, there are many posts about this problem, on all brands of computer, from vista era to windows 8.1. It seems a problem on the HID compatible mouse driver - it has not been updated from 2006.

The frozen mouse pointer will come back to move but it will freeze very soon and frequently once happened. Any other parts of the computer - hdd, softwares are all working well and smoothly at the same time, even the touchpad is smooth as usual.

This mouse is a cheap one, but it is good enough for almost 3 years :P and on this computer under windows 8.1. Recently I upgraded all the drivers from ASUS website to the latest version, then it happens - but today, it is good for 1 hour already :D

qiliangpei, sometimes powering off or rebooting after driver installs brings the fix active, lets hope it stays working :)