PDA

View Full Version : G74SX working state!

DaemonXR
10-16-2014, 02:30 PM
I know, i know :cool: this title is a trap but i just wana say that my G74SX is working like a charm after two fracking years and grinding all new games and what not i install on them. I just reinstall OS after two years bcoz of a tiny slowdown (it was time for clean slate) and feel that i need to say this to ROG community!

Stay all well and keep your electronic pet fan wents clean and unobstructed :D

Cheeeers

HKRebel
10-17-2014, 12:41 AM
I Love the G74sx also, it has handled everything I've thrown at it so far. Bought it from a pawnshop 2 months ago, and still not a disappointment yet!!!!!!!

Thundergy
10-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Can you tell me how did you re-install windows? Did u download new thing, burn to CD and use the code from bottom of laptop? or will that not work. Thanks

DaemonXR
10-17-2014, 10:58 AM
I got mine without OS so clean install precedure is straight forward.
Do you have Win 7 OS on disc?

Thundergy
10-17-2014, 09:54 PM
I've purchased asus g73 with windows 7 home premium preinstalled. But i have the windows 7 registration key on bottom of laptop. idk if that would work if i downloaded a copy of windows 7 from internet and used the key from my laptop to register it.

Verdict
10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
I've purchased asus g73 with windows 7 home premium preinstalled. But i have the windows 7 registration key on bottom of laptop. idk if that would work if i downloaded a copy of windows 7 from internet and used the key from my laptop to register it.

Your key will work if you download windows 7.

billyray520
10-24-2014, 08:42 PM
I bought a refurbed G73sw from ebay a couple of yrs. ago, and re-installed Windows 7 from download using key on bottom of unit. The refurb place had used their own OEM copy of WIndows, so I had to call in to Windows for them to give me some number to re-validate the original key. But it's been fine ever since.