PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding ASUS warranty in Vietnam

kray
10-18-2014, 03:25 AM
I just purchased a G750JZ in Hanoi, Vietnam. I want to replace the hard drive (a Hitachi 1TB) with an SSD drive. However, the store
has put a security sticker over the cover that gives you access to the hard drive and RAM. Can an Asus rep or someone in the know
tell me if I will void my warranty with Asus if I break the seal? Thanks.

Darnassus
10-18-2014, 11:52 AM
I just purchased a G750JZ in Hanoi, Vietnam. I want to replace the hard drive (a Hitachi 1TB) with an SSD drive. However, the store
has put a security sticker over the cover that gives you access to the hard drive and RAM. Can an Asus rep or someone in the know
tell me if I will void my warranty with Asus if I break the seal? Thanks.

It should not, the warranty sticker is inside the unit on the CPU screw.. however your store might be different, Asus warranty might be different. If possible, can you supply a photo of the sticker.

cl-Albert
10-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I may be a bit of a worrier, but in my opinion it's probably safer to contact your local ASUS repair center where you would request warranty service to see what they say as well as the store (if you care about their policies) since policies may vary from region to region?

Below is contact information from the ASUS website.
http://www.asus.com/support/callus

kray
10-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks, the sticker is an FTP sticker (a local internet provider) , they put them on everything. They said it was okay. They put the stickers on
everything to prevent things getting swapped out before they reach the customer. Thanks again!