PDA

View Full Version : g750jw-backtracker, back up factory recovery image, back up Asus driver/app

TomasDymak
10-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Hi, i ve just done back up of factory recovery image with backtracker. The question is if I can make back up of Asus driver/app with backtraker on the same USB as I have the fackory recovery image?
thx Tomas

cl-Albert
10-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Honestly, have never tried the ASUS Backtracker driver/app back-up, but if you didn't already know, you should already have a back-up of this 'driver DVD' on your hard drive under C:/eSupport/eDriver (open the AsInsWiz (ASUS Install Wizard?) to see the install menu), so you could just copy that entire folder to a DVD, or other media.

Also, the files can be out-of-date, so you may want to check the ASUS website for updated versions, but not everything is posted on the ASUS download site (like the DVD or Blu Ray software when supported), so it is still a good idea to keep a back-up of this.

Well, hope this makes sense and others can provide more information if necessary.

TomasDymak
10-20-2014, 06:56 PM
bless you

Maxter
10-20-2014, 10:35 PM
you can. I did it for mine. Truth is the drivers you back up are pretty much the same ones on the ASUS Live Install app. There is, really, no need to do it. It does not save drivers such as GPU or sound card (only the ASUS software).