PDA

View Full Version : Still no way to get fan control on G750JW?

cyrus102
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Is there anyway to increase the speed of the Fans in the G750??

hmscott
10-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Is there anyway to increase the speed of the Fans in the G750??

cyrus102, the only way, so far, is with Notebook Fan Control, but you have to pick the right template to start, and modify it as needed. You can control both the CPU and GPU fans.

Asus G750 Fan control Software? <== start with this post, and then work forward for more info from other users.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40574-Asus-G750-Fan-control-Software&p=433047&viewfull=1#post433047

Why do you want fan control?

The JW should be controlling the fan speed automatically and keep the CPU/GPU cool and the laptop quiet.

cyrus102
10-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Laptop gets kinda hot when I do long gaming sessions. I saw cpu at 84 C so I want to cool it down a bit. Don't really care for it being quite just being cooled down.

hmscott
10-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Laptop gets kinda hot when I do long gaming sessions. I saw cpu at 84 C so I want to cool it down a bit. Don't really care for it being quite just being cooled down.

cyrus102, 84c isn't too hot for a long gaming session. Pumping up the fan to max speed isn't going to make enough difference in the life of the CPU, but it can shorten the life of the fan.

Do you have the laptop exhaust vented out into a clear open area - or is it against a wall / obstacle that might be keeping the heat around the laptop? If you raise the laptop off the desk a bit and allow for more airflow under the laptop you can decrease the overall temperature - and that might help bring down the CPU temp for long sessions.

You can also use Intel XTU to reduce the core voltage and reduce the heat generated by the CPU. I have mine set for -50mV CPU Dynamic Voltage offset and -50mV CPU cache voltage offset. You may be able to tune for more than that and decrease CPU heat generation even more - my JW did -125mV stable.

You can then also unlock the multipliers for the cores/cache to 36x/35x/34x/34x / 36x - for a little bit more performance.

I also run the Balanced Power Plan with CPU min/max set to 0%/100% - which allows the CPU to reduce frequency during short/long lower load which allows the cooling system to reduce the temperature even more. If you are at 100% CPU all the time it won't help, but most apps increase/decrease CPU usage during use.

99% CPU setting disables CPU Turbo, and keeps speed at 2.4ghz - for battery or light use - reduces temps which reduces fan run time.

Have fun :)