PDA

View Full Version : Fan Noise

WinterMisha
10-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Hello.
Just unboxed my new JS Yesterday
Do not have any problem except fans working even when i don't do anything,its not loud or full speed but really annoying.
Sometimes they stop for 5 -10 sec and then kick again
is there any solution for this?
thank you

Darnassus
10-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Your chip tempsare sitting on the threshold of turning off and turning on.. which means your paste job is either slightly not as good than others ( only 5*C or something ) causing your temperatures to flux from higher to lower quicker, or your ambient temperatures right now are quite warm.. making it not so easy to cool the unit.

Your fans should kick in at around 40-45*C at 2200-2400 RPM and should rise in fan speed the higher your temperature goes.

I think the highest is 6400 RPM when hitting near 70*C

My fans also turn off and on at times around 30 second to 1 minute gaps when I am doing light tasks such as web browsing like right now.

My ambient temp is around 24*C which is comfy here.

My real thoughts on it however is if I've done a repaste and I still have my fans turning off and on around 45*C then it's simply the system design. My fans stay off longer than they're on. They start up for around 10 - 20 seconds then turn off.

Fans stay on above 50*C I believe.

hmscott
10-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Hello.
Just unboxed my new JS Yesterday
Do not have any problem except fans working even when i don't do anything,its not loud or full speed but really annoying.
Sometimes they stop for 5 -10 sec and then kick again
is there any solution for this?
thank you

Your chip tempsare sitting on the threshold of turning off and turning on.. which means your paste job is either slightly not as good than others ( only 5*C or something ) causing your temperatures to flux from higher to lower quicker, or your ambient temperatures right now are quite warm.. making it not so easy to cool the unit.
Your fans should kick in at around 40-45*C at 2200-2400 RPM and should rise in fan speed the higher your temperature goes.
I think the highest is 6400 RPM when hitting near 70*C
My fans also turn off and on at times around 30 second to 1 minute gaps when I am doing light tasks such as web browsing like right now.
My ambient temp is around 24*C which is comfy here.
My real thoughts on it however is if I've done a repaste and I still have my fans turning off and on around 45*C then it's simply the system design. My fans stay off longer than they're on. They start up for around 10 - 20 seconds then turn off.
Fans stay on above 50*C I believe.

WinterMisha/Darnassus, the Windows Balanced Power plan will allow the CPU to cool down between load peaks - if you set the Min/Max CPU to 0%/100%. That should be enough to allow the CPU to cool down and not spin up the fan - unless you have a regular task running that is generating heat.

If you run the Windows High Performance Power plan the CPU will be kept at high frequency all the time, CPU min/max 100%/100%, and the CPU will generate more heat and require the fan to run more often.

Which Power plan are you running, and have you set the Min/Max to 0%/100% to let the CPU cool down?

If you still have Power4Gear installed, that can change settings after you set them, so uninstall it to get control of the power plans again.

Let us know if that helps :)