PDA

View Full Version : GL551JM Color Issue

siqueirah
10-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Hey guys (:

Last week I received my newly purchased GL551JM. I've been enjoying the notebook so far. I don't love the TN screen, I don't love the whitewashed blacks but, besides that, I am fairly satisfied with this machine.

Now, I've been dealing with an issue that I'm not sure if it is a hardware fault or just bad settings. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me.

Here's the thing: from time to time, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes when I switch to a different program or window, the colors get this cold blueish tone. I get surprised for a while, but quickly get used to it, until randomly it goes back to the normal warmer tone.

What could it be? Is there a setting I could change to solve this problem?
Should I return it?

Ask me anything you want. I might have left off (unintentionally) important details.

Thank you for your help

- siqueirah

hmscott
10-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey guys (:

Last week I received my newly purchased GL551JM. I've been enjoying the notebook so far. I don't love the TN screen, I don't love the whitewashed blacks but, besides that, I am fairly satisfied with this machine.

Now, I've been dealing with an issue that I'm not sure if it is a hardware fault or just bad settings. I'd appreciate if you guys could help me.

Here's the thing: from time to time, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes when I switch to a different program or window, the colors get this cold blueish tone. I get surprised for a while, but quickly get used to it, until randomly it goes back to the normal warmer tone.

What could it be? Is there a setting I could change to solve this problem?
Should I return it?

Ask me anything you want. I might have left off (unintentionally) important details.

Thank you for your help

- siqueirah

siqueirah, uninstall Asus Splendid. :)

siqueirah
10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
siqueirah, uninstall Asus Splendid. :)

Oh :O
I suspected it should be some kind of software issue. I'm going to uninstall it and then keep watching it for a few days.

Thank you very much :D

yih torng
06-21-2015, 03:43 AM
i also face the same problem from G551JM-DM052H , your guys have any idea how to calibrate it ?

Üdjinn
06-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I had the same problem since I bought it (when i connect to my session i had my screen doing blue, normal, blue, normal colors). Uninstalled Splendid, rebooted pc and the problem is gone! Thank you very much!!:D