PDA

View Full Version : G750jm cant get it to reconize my corsair 128GB ssd

Angrydroid4
10-23-2014, 01:49 AM
new to upgrading laptops. not much different than a desk top but also not as simple. the bios has way less options, couldnt do a clean install of windows 8.1 because i could not get my OEM key from ASUS or off my laptop witch i do niot know how! youtube has a bunch of crappy videos with software i do not trust or have to buy. i want to just do a clean install of windows 7 witch i did already. i loaded my new ssd with win 7 ultimate but for the life of me i can not get my g750jm to recognize the SSD drive! what am i doing wrong?? can anyone help or suggest what to do? Thanks a head of time.

Darnassus
10-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Next time for when you want your product key, use this

https://mega.co.nz/#!8YlTHZZQ!Egk2SBPV7uyIcX3lGe_U7TTz8lB4pLf6DWMP51D dZoA

Just run it, and you'll see your keys for more than your operating system.

To get your SSD to be recognized, you will need to enter BIOS and make that drive the boot drive.

To get into BIOS, just hold down / rapidly press F2 as you turn on the computer.

To change your boot sequence during startup, (must do each startup) just tap / hold ESC key.

If none of this works, you will need to turn off Secure Boot Control under Security Tab and Fast Boot under Boot tab.

Once you turn these off, you should be able to edit your boot sequence and add in your SSD.

The SSD's name will be the serial code to identify it.

Hope this helps.

By the way, don't forget to turn back on Secure and Fast Boot to get the ROG logo back ;D

Angrydroid4
10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
thank you for responding so fast!! i think secure boot is the issue, im gonna try all these things. thank you so much! great forum so far.

Angrydroid4
10-23-2014, 02:05 PM
turned off secure boot and now i can see the ssd so thats good but my win 8.1 product key doesnt work, says thats its a retail version so i cant use it. i called microsoft and they where no help. they wanted me to buy and new product key for $90 bucks! i said no...i just want to move my OS to my new SSD and use my old HDD for storage. they acted like they had no idea what i was speaking about. anyways can i just make a recovery and boot that on to my new SSD. i have cloning software but im having trouble using it. it's called reflect. i have a boot leg win 7 disc im goona tryt and boot from cd/dvd rom and use that instead of windows 8.1 but in this bios i can not find any options to boot into cd/dvd rom these mother board bios's have no options so it seems. hope to hear back, thanks!

Maxter
10-23-2014, 03:31 PM
for win 7, you need ssd drivers which can be obtained from intel.com. For 8.1, you need to get the correct version of 8.1 for the key to work. I think there are 3 or 4 types (home, professional, enterprise, etc...)

Angrydroid4
10-23-2014, 04:32 PM
for get it this is INSANE!!!!!!! asus will not help i called, microsoft wants me to buy a new version of windows 8 because mine is an OEM not retail so i can not reactivate my key! so i downloaded windows 7 ultimate witch i like way better than win * but theres no lan or wifi drivers so i can not connect to the internet. i called asus and they directed me to drivers for windows 7 64bit for the g750jm all 4 didnt work. then the guy said...oh i forgot, the the drivers will not work for windows 7 because the g750jm mother boards are only made for windows 8 and up...sorrry!!!