PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer instability

bcrummie
10-23-2014, 02:37 AM
I bought ASUS ROG G750JM 17.3 laptop 7 months ago and I have been having issues with IE flickering/crashing. My screen flashes back and forth between a blank white screen and whatever page I am trying to view before it crashes and restarts. My favorite bar opens up when it is doing this flickering and crashing also. I sent my laptop to the service center for this issue 2 months after buying it for this problem. When I got it back the same problem persists, actually, it appears to have gotten worse. I have done system refreshes/ restores/ reinstalling IE/ Windows software and nothing has worked. Does anyone else have an issue like this and have been able to remedy this any help would be appreciated

Tokens210
10-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera if it still around lol all of these are browsers that are light years ahead of internet explorer, in my personal opinion internet explorer is thee worst browser ever lol I would use old school Netscape over IE lol

My personal setup is Firefox with a bunch of its addons, google chrome also has a lot of the same addons but I'm so used to Firefox I haven't tried chrome yet

Firefox with addons like adblock plus, No script, grease monkey will give you (when compared to IE) pretty much 0 popups although a few have figured how to get around the blockers but not many, but also much faster browsing for me at least over IE

I keep Firefox, chrome and IE on my PC, I never use IE, the reason I keep chrome is every now and again Firefoxwill load pages wonky for no reason, sometime restarting fixes it sometimes yyou'll need to just try again later, in which case I try to open whatever it is in chrome, if chrome also won't load it its possibly the site itself, if it does load it Firefox may have just been acting strange lol

sectionate
10-31-2014, 08:44 PM
I've been using chrome 64 (with ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com/en), blocking 16839 hosts (http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm))bit when the beta went live w/o any problems. Chrome also has jave/adobe built in so you dont need those on your o/s at all

coyi1895
10-31-2014, 10:27 PM
Can't say I experienced that with IE. What version of Windows do you have? Try turning off hardware acceleration, and turn off the add-on one by one to see if there's a culprit. A long shot from what you already did attempting to fix

If no good then maybe go to bleepingcomputer or Microsoft Answers, something like that where they've got tools and programs to look deeply. I'm not trained to suggest and help with the tools.